Tory co-chairman denies calling Tory activists swivel-eyed loons!

The co-chairman of the Conservatives has denied describing party activists as "swivel-eyed loons" after rumours circulated on the internet that he had made the remarks.

Lord Andrew Feldman said he was taking legal advice after posters on Twitter implied he was the senior Tory quoted anonymously in several national newspapers.

The Tory made the remarks – in earshot of journalists – after being asked about the decision of 116 party MPs to defy the prime minister and vote in favour of an amendment regretting the absence of an EU referendum in the Queen's speech.

The Conservative said: "It's fine. There's really no problem. The MPs just have to do it because the associations tell them to, and the associations are all mad, swivel-eyed loons."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/may/18/no-10-under-pressure-tory-comments

Why is he bothering denying what everyone knows anyway!:confused:

I think this is pretty funny - the phrase 'swivel eyed loons', just makes me giggle.

The problem is though is that it'll get the Tories in a tizz - the leadership might need to crawl a bit and pander even more to the rank and file anti Europe, anti gay marriage lot.

I think this is pretty funny - the phrase 'swivel eyed loons', just makes me giggle.

Agreed, it's hilarious. Wish I'd come up with TBH.

And only posted at 19:18 Wednesday1, what kept you? The story (such as it is) broke this morning.

Losing your touch?

Most of the big 3 parties seem to have little time for their rank and file supporters, do they? Rather than listening to what people want they seem to think people should listen to them. They don't understand democracy it seems. They're job is to represent the people.

Agreed, it's hilarious. Wish I'd come up with TBH.

And only posted at 19:18 Wednesday1, what kept you? The story (such as it is) broke this morning.

Losing your touch?

Maybe he's not like you and he does not spend every waking hour scouring the Internet for damaging news articles about his political opponents in a vain attempt to try and influence public opinion.

The problem is though is that it'll get the Tories in a tizz - the leadership might need to crawl a bit and pander even more to the rank and file anti Europe, anti gay marriage lot.

Small things amuse small minds. :loopy:

Archived