Ego cigs around kids, whats the concensus??

Ok, so my OH's a smoker but I must stress, never ever in the house. Every cig he ever consumed since the day our eldest was born was in the garden. I just simply will not allow my children to be subjected to such horrific health risks.

However last week (after much prompting from me) he's decided to try the ego-cig. He's currently been 5 days without a cig & I could dance around the room because he's really doing well & doesn't seem to be struggling as he did with patches.

However, everyday has been fraught with tension because every time I turn my back he's puffing away on it. In the kitchen in the living room in the bathroom, I even caught him taking a puff in the car yesterday (and you don't get more confined than that for the kids)

He just refuses to heed my warnings that the vapour may be harmful for the kids. He wouldn't dream of lighting up a cig in the car so why this. Every single argument leads to the same old "well I'm going to buy some cigs if I can't smoke this when I want" I can't find any solid proof online to show him it may be harmful. Likewise I can't find any solid evidence that it's not, so maybe I am over-reacting???

Anyhow it would seem that we have 2 choices, I continue letting him puff on the ego cig when & where he likes or he goes back to the ciggies on the garden. Either way it's a lose lose for me & the kids.

Has anybody got a link for some research into the matter or likewise can tell me if they can be certain I'm over-reacting. Thanks xx

The vapour is just a steam as far as I know and not harmful! Someone with more knowledge feel free to correct me :hihi:

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

That's what he says but there has to be chemicals & crap in it.

As a person exhales it, it looks remarkably like smoke, however it doesn't hang around in the air like smoke it just...well.....vapourizers. Maybe it's just mind over matter for me & because I'm seeing what I think is smoke, I immediately feel the need to usher it away!

all it is, is vapour, nothing harmfull at all, try being more sympathetic that he is giving up rather than stressing him out more, thats more lightly to make him smoke again!!@

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

No not a lap dog only like to ensure my kids are safe. If that's a crime, then I'll hold my hands up.

Thanks cgksheff I'll have a read of that now.

And after 11 years together & three kids I don't think he feels like it or he would've long gone.

Just off to feed him & the hybrids some pedigree chum :hihi::hihi:

Archived