Ego cigs around kids, whats the concensus??

no its easier to have a go at her hubby rather than make an imformed decision!!, sorry bethsmummy but you have giving hubby hell for 5 days without even finding out facts, thats bad no matter how you want to look at it!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

no its easier to have a go at her hubby rather than make an imformed decision!!, sorry bethsmummy but you have giving hubby hell for 5 days without even finding out facts, thats bad no matter how you want to look at it!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I can't find any information to make an informed decision. Every scrap of information I can find is supposing & presuming. No scientific evidence or proof.

Probably should add I'm an ex smoker myself. Gave up for good about 6 years ago when beth was 3. And I gave up when I was pregnant & also smoked in the garden after beth was born & until kicking the habit. So I'm not totally un-aligned with how it feels to have to go without for the needs of my kids.

If I had some strong evidence that its safe around the kids then ok that's fine but until then it doesnt sit right with me.

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 12:31 ----------

And I should also probably add our youngest was a very very poorly baby. She was 23 week old before she came home from hospital. She's been in & out of hospital on oxygen due to weak lungs from birth so I need to protect her health & wellbeing.

I can't find any information to make an informed decision. Every scrap of information I can find is supposing & presuming. No scientific evidence or proof.

Probably should add I'm an ex smoker myself. Gave up for good about 6 years ago when beth was 3. And I gave up when I was pregnant & also smoked in the garden after beth was born & until kicking the habit. So I'm not totally un-aligned with how it feels to have to go without for the needs of my kids.

If I had some strong evidence that its safe around the kids then ok that's fine but until then it doesnt sit right with me.

The New Zealand report is pretty compelling is it not?

In any event, give your old man a break for crying out load - he's doing his best and all he's getting is grief.

The New Zealand report is pretty compelling is it not?

In any event, give your old man a break for crying out load - he's doing his best and all he's getting is grief.

The new Zealand report again uses the word "probably" as others do. Can you imagine If a scientist with a bubbling test tube told you to inhale the vapours of it and then proceeded to say "it probably won't hurt you"

I know of many many national companies that won't let them be used inside. For the same reason I don't want my kids subjecting to it.

And he's doing exceptionally well & I'm very proud of him & I've told him 100 times a day for the last 5 days.

Beth- I think regardless of the affects we know or do not know of re the ecig- I think your doing the right thing.... we know with cigarettes, children who see people smoke generally end up smokers, even if they don't smoke cigarettes do we want children addicted to nicotine of any form in the future?- No

good luck to your mr !

Beth- I think regardless of the affects we know or do not know of re the ecig- I think your doing the right thing.... we know with cigarettes, children who see people smoke generally end up smokers, even if they don't smoke cigarettes do we want children addicted to nicotine of any form in the future?- No

good luck to your mr !

Thankyou. Smoking does tend to be passed from generation to generation & wether or not my children ever choose to pick up the habit in adulthood remains to be seen but the only influence I want on their later choice is to know that they havnt seen it as a way of life year on year by watching us.

Ok, so my OH's a smoker but I must stress, never ever in the house. Every cig he ever consumed since the day our eldest was born was in the garden. I just simply will not allow my children to be subjected to such horrific health risks.

Not a dig just a question, when you take your children out especially the one with the lung problem do they wear face masks. I ask as they will be breathing in more crap and carcinogens from passing cars, and buses than you're OH could ever hope to inflict on them (neither advocating he smokes round them).

Just thought I also point out you smoke cigarettes not consume them (to eat).

I am trying to persuade my wife to try e-cigs and have offered to buy her the starter kit, she has said she'll think about it. What we have to realise is that people don't have to smoke or drink, or be overweight; to get various medical complaints & diseases.

Maybe he's having a honeymoon period with the e-cig. It's a novelty to be able to use it anywhere. Other possibility is maybe he's not on the right strength liquid and feels like he needs the e-cig more.

Compromise for now, maybe let him use it in certain places in the house and never in front of the nippers. Let him settle in with it and review the dosage.

Archived