Abusive Relationships

Hello, having watched some films recently with abuse and rape being one of the themes I often wonder how or why people cope.

I think being in a relationship where you walk on egg shells and the other person has power over you is wrong and sick.

I have had a lot of things happen to me over the years, lots of provoking things that have scarred me and on occasion I have just wanted to scream and done serious damage to people but have instead chose to cope in my flat and often had occasions where I wished I was dead, self harmed and hit walls, even as far as packing my bags and catching a train to Manchester Airport and paying a 1 way ticket and never coming back.

Having been single for nearly 6 years I have lost hope but have always had faith I may meet someone, the smallest of faith though.

I have tried to be a saviour for too many people and ended up with short straws, instead of seeing for myself.

I would love for someone to appreciate me and take me for me, I think people in abusive relationships find no way out and some even like it, I don't know, but if someone who was a punching bag got with the total opposite then in my mind may not last, they may start to see kindness as a threat as they are so used to an atmosphere, don't know, but wish these people all the best and that there is always a way out, open the door and keep on going and never go back, you have my deepest regards.

Self pity and hate, never a good combination. maybe you should look closer to home.

Was just trying to identify with these people, no self pity or hate in it :loopy:

Why don't people contribute to this thread instead of passing their own judgements :rolleyes:

Well I had an ex who used me for a kid basically and then proceeded to cut me out of its life and make me go through courts for any scraps she cared to dish out, hence causing me endless years of depression and mental trauma, which resulted in me walking away and never going back, made the best choice and bravest decision of my life and stuck to it.

She made excuses not to let me in, am not on the birth certificate and she does not have my name, in other words she cut me out completely. Having been through courts, mediation, contact centres, 1 hour sessions at her home, endless offers of help from me and my family, she just never let it go. She had a sister who was basically doing the same with her partner in leaving him on the steps while he had his contact sessions and she just tried to jump on her attention grabbing coat tails. After years of trauma she allowed my family contact and when my girl started to get close she began to get jealous and started to accuse us of child abuse, hence why I walked away and had enough of everything.

My girl will be 7 and I will have missed around 5 years of her life but I decided it a price worth paying instead of coming in and out of her life and causing irreparable damage and I thought solely about my daughter, on the other hand, my ex had always thought about herself and took everything against me out on my daughter. I was only with this ex for 1 year and we never ever made love, only after I finally got to base she had me believe she was taking the pill and 3 weeks later she was pregnant, how loving and bent is that. During the pregnancy when I wanted to be involved she threatened me with the police and that I should not harass her so for the 9 months I was out of the picture, then when time was up nobody told me of her birth and I had to find out through my solicitors, hence why I will never forgive her or her family ever again.

Also had other relationships that have caused more grief and only added to my problems!

Was just trying to identify with these people, no self pity or hate in it :loopy:

Why don't people contribute to this thread instead of passing their own judgements :rolleyes:

What you are talking about is personality disorders in Cluster B. If you read about these disorders you will have all the answers you need.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_disorder#Cluster_B_.28dramatic.2C_emotional_or_erratic_disorders.29

http://shrink4men.wordpress.com/ is a good website for you to recover from an abusive relationship.

Archived