Old Reliant Regal

If it's a reliant engine it will be alloy. Sticking caustic soda in will screw the engine completely.
Not been advised to stick caustic soda in it.

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 13:57 ----------

She was a right pain in the arse she is still around, my old man kicked the bucket a few years back. remember my lad Tom he is 37 now and he is a mechanic running a garage in Kings lynn.
I did no about your dad soz glad your mothers still around.Yes remember Tom but was in play pen last i can remember :hihi:

If it's a reliant engine it will be alloy. Sticking caustic soda in will screw the engine completely.

Depends how long you leave it in for. caustic soda can get a lot of the crud out of the waterways if you give it a good flushing out afterwards its OK to use it in alloy engines, if you are daft enough to leave it soaking for a few days or more it would probably do some damage then.

Caustic soda and things like paint strippers are getting hard to get hold of now they are said to be bad for the environment because people don't dispose of them properly usually pouring them down the drain or the toilet.

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 14:19 ----------

Not been advised to stick caustic soda in it.

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 13:57 ----------

I did no about your dad soz glad your mothers still around.Yes remember Tom but was in play pen last i can remember :hihi:

See you still have that Enfield then,looks like you have seen the light and got a proper british bike instead of one of those horrible Jap rice burner things:hihi:

yes still got Enfield will be going though so get to bank thinking Trike VW or Reliant.

Just got rid of your favorite Turbo Twin 4T

Wish I still had some of the bikes I've had in the past mate.let most of them go for peanuts :roll: Enfield Turbo twins were always my favourite loved them Villiers engines there are still a lot around at the moment fetching good money as well.did you ever see that Bond minicar I had with the Villiers twin engine in it they fetch some right money now.I might be interested in your Enfield if the price is right...

I once had this problem with a car and it turned out i had put the coolant fan on the wrong way round.The 750 reliant engine is alloy and like the hillman imp engine were prone to warping heads.Worth checking it out.

I once had this problem with a car and it turned out i had put the coolant fan on the wrong way round.The 750 reliant engine is alloy and like the hillman imp engine were prone to warping heads.Worth checking it out.
Well he once put distributor drive in wrong so finished up altering firing order to 2/4/3/1 so anything is possible :hihi:

For destroyer "may" know of two Reliant,s not sure if Robin or Rialto £200 each unless my mates bought them.

Tom you would be skint if you bought it.

Yes and I would probably stick a 4T in anyway.

Yes and I would probably stick a 4T in anyway.
Yep drop straight in more or less apart from need another coil and engine plate cant remember if 4T was 6 volt this is now.

Know were i am if you wanted to look not moved.

Yep drop straight in more or less apart from need another coil and engine plate cant remember if 4T was 6 volt this is now.

Know were i am if you wanted to look not moved.

Yes 4T was 6 volts they ran on two set of points and two ignition coils,would need the villiers twin pipes and a few other bits and pieces,there was a rebuilt 4T engine on Ebay recently went for £550...

Archived