Benefits until paid a wage

It's paid until the start date of your job, you can't expect to get paid for the first month/week of employment and then receive a wage packet as well surely?

If you're desperate there's probably a crisis loan thing you can use?

If you are on Income Support, ring the telephone number on the top of the headed letter or your local job centre plus. They will give you the correct information.

This is a problem that many people face so there may be a scheme to help you through this transition period.

Depending on how long someone has been on IS they may be eligible to the £40 back to work tax free payment every week for X amount of months. There used to be a back to work grant approx £250 but not sure if this is still available.

Other than that I'm not sure but like as said above if your IS continued until your first pay day in essence you would be getting paid twice for that month. Sorry

It's paid until the start date of your job, you can't expect to get paid for the first month/week of employment and then receive a wage packet as well surely?

If you're desperate there's probably a crisis loan thing you can use?

Crisis Loans no longer exist

Crisis Loans no longer exist

But since the new rules in April 2013 there maybe some new alternative, that's why I suggested OP contact the Jobcentre. You need the correct and most up-to-date information on a vital subject like this, not here-say.

But since the new rules in April 2013 there maybe some new alternative, that's why I suggested OP contact the Jobcentre. You need the correct and most up-to-date information on a vital subject like this, not here-say.

Yes & I was not critising you poppet just trying to point out they are now defunct, there is some help if they get HB there is a 4 week run on that helps till 1st wage comes in.

I'm not certain how IS works now so you're advise is damned good, but I just didn't want people thinking they can still get CL's.

Pete :)

I was in this predicament when I was unemployed 18 years ago.

I do remember about 10 years ago they changed the system so that people would still get Income Support up until they got their first wage in the bank.

That may have changed since

Archived