Benefits until paid a wage

Yes & I was not critising you poppet just trying to point out they are now defunct, there is some help if they get HB there is a 4 week run on that helps till 1st wage comes in.

I'm not certain how IS works now so you're advise is damned good, but I just didn't want people thinking they can still get CL's.

Pete :)

Found a link stating the end of Crisis loans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21968962

Found a link stating the end of Crisis loans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21968962

And it's not as if they were easy to get in the first place.

I remember reading about an elderly woman in her 80s who was refused a crisis loan after her oven stopped working. She was told an oven is not a necessity as she could have salads. This was in the depths of winter.

No doubt people will post stories of those who get crisis loans as they haven't had a night out in a month or something like that, but for the genuine crisis loans should be available. And the clue is in the wording 'loans', they will be paid back.

All this will mean is that the desperate will be vulnerable to the payday lender sector. Terrible

Surely it's the same for everybody whether you've been on benefits or not.

You usually have to work a month in hand before you get paid. Even if you're going from one job to another it can be very difficult to manage that first month. What's the difference ?

It can be difficult but when I've changed jobs I had a small amount put by to fall back on. If you're on the very minimum benefits the opportunity to save just isn't there.

Also when it happened to me I had to buy a pair of smart trousers and shirts, as all the jobs I had done previously had been manual jobs where those clothes weren't necessary.

Thankfully I had my Mum and Dad at the time to help me out. Not everyone is in that fortunate position.

Surely it's the same for everybody whether you've been on benefits or not.

You usually have to work a month in hand before you get paid. Even if you're going from one job to another it can be very difficult to manage that first month. What's the difference ?

I guess the difference is that you get paid that "month in hand" from the old job when you leave it so have money for the first month in the new job.

Archived