Who are these people on Facebook??

I get loads of pictures on my home page asking my to like certain pictures or videos etc. Usually from the same bunch of people that I don't know.

I know they appear because one of my 'friends' liked the post.

What purpose do these people serve and how do they get such a huge following??

They are normally posted on a 'like' page which get many 'likes' and whenever someone on your friends list likes the page or any posts they make, you'll see it and have an opportunity to also like or comment - happens to everyone, which is why the photo or video can sometimes have tens of thousands of 'likes'

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

On each posting on facebook in the top right-hand corner there is a little arrow pointing down.

Click it and you get a small option box dropping down, you can click hide and it will remove that and give you the option to hide all similar adverts/postings from the same source.

So if you get bombarded with annoying posts from people playing candy crush saga, farmville or whatever you only have to hide one and it'll give you the option to hide all from that game - you'll never be bothered again :)

Its advertising bascially.

Facebook have started injecting ad's onto everyone's timeline from early this year.

It has actually increased their revenues by about 30% but they are losing up to 10,000 members a day.

Here you go Bonzo

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/news/2199244/facebook-to-place-adverts-in-timeline-of-every-user

I really wish that everything my friends 'like' didn't show up on my wall. I keep getting the most horrific pictures of abuse of animals and children when friends have 'liked' a picture to show they're 'against animal/child abuse'....(I don't mean anything illegal, its either done with make-up or photoshop to make the victims look beaten etc). I can delete it but I can't 'unsee' it.

Archived