Pub in Fitzalan Square. (not Marples)

Tank que hillsbro.

:hihi:

Thank's for the comfirmation of the statue in the Square I have NOT been in that part of Sheff for such a long time and I would have LOST a bet on it being Queen Vic the picture also shows one of my second homes in my younger days the brick built cop shop I did also have the pleasure of sampling the old Tardis type before that one was built do you remember Tiny the large copper who did the traffic duty just off the Square he later went to the box on Surry st at the side of the Town Hall then onto the charge office at Water Ln a Giant of a man but always fair I still cant belive that people are getting the Gay Paree mixed up with the Elephant when the orginal question was name the bar UNDER the Marples takes all sorts I suppose.

• 10 years later...
On 20/05/2013 at 16:40, sedith said:

Gay Paris was the name of the bar under Marples, I think the name Tivoli came in a few years after.

I remember my uncle and aunt telling me they met there in 1972 or thereabouts. They got married in 1973 anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2013 at 03:25, hillsbro said:

The Elephant was on the corner of Norfolk Street - here's a link to a photo on the picturesheffield.com site..:)

I think at one time that part of Norfolk Street (Arundel Gate to Fitzalan Square) for whatever reason. had it's name changed to Esperanto Place.