Oklahoma Tornado

Crikey, anyone got the news on today, such a vast scale of destruction with 91 including at least 20 children declared dead.

At least 150 people reported injured and the tornado itself was around a mile deep.

I believe that American shoddy homes housing people in match stick homes instead of solid concrete buildings only aids things like this.

Would a brick built home withstand a tornado direct hit? I have no idea.

---------- Post added 21-05-2013 at 10:47 ----------

Have you seen the interview with the old lady when she finds her dog in the rubble, touching stuff...

How lucky was that, really did bring a tear to my eye.

---------- Post added 21-05-2013 at 10:47 ----------

How lucky was that, really did bring a tear to my eye.

Yeah really lucky bless her, the dog was in shock you could tell.

Awful scenes :(

Yeah really lucky bless her, the dog was in shock you could tell.

Awful scenes :(

I hear on Sky that some kids at the school drowned, they were trapped by the collapsed building and the water went up around them due to all the ruptured water pipes.

No it certainly would not, a tornado that powerful can strip bark from trees, scour the earth of all vegetation, toss cars and trucks over a mile and twist, bend and break I-beam steal girders :o

I believe that American shoddy homes housing people in match stick homes instead of solid concrete buildings only aids things like this.

If they built their homes out of brick like we do the damage would be substantially more, the home would still be blown away but instead of pieces of wood being thrown around you'd have millions of pieces of brick doing over 200mph.

It would be complete carnage.

Archived