Oklahoma Tornado

Judging by the amount of natural disasters happening around the world, you must believe that what ever god exists he/she cannot think much of any of us.

Yep, so called gods have jumped the shark and never coming back :rolleyes:

It's called the god of natural climatic change. Just because humans have inhabited the earth for thousands of years doesn't change the earth's cycle of droughts, floods, cold winters, warm winters, volcanic eruptions, quakes and hurricanes.

My old cockney aunt had a theory about floods and unusal bad weather

"it's all them astrynauts whirlin' around up there in spyce that's causin' it"

It's called the god of natural climatic change. Just because humans have inhabited the earth for thousands of years doesn't change the earth's cycle of droughts, floods, cold winters, warm winters, volcanic eruptions, quakes and hurricanes.

My old cockney aunt had a theory about floods and unusal bad weather

"it's all them astrynauts whirlin' around up there in spyce that's causin' it"

My Great Grandmother used to blame the Russians for making holes in the sky.

My Great Grandmother used to blame the Russians for making holes in the sky.

And god got mad and squirted millions of gallons of rainwater through the holes causing great floods

There's always an explanation for everything

Their god can't think much of them.

"Their God" as you put it might be the only thing that is comforting many of those victims who have survived, as it was with the lady shown in the video clip that was posted, lets not show disrespect at this time.

President Obama has said "Our prayers are with those in Oklahoma today" meaningless words to some people, but to others an expression that will comfort them and perhaps give them strength in the aftermath as so often is experienced especially in times where disasters on this scale happen.

Some people will naturally feel angry even those who believe - its a natural reaction in times of suffering, but suffering and death are an unfortunate part of life.

Natural disasters are happening all over the world and always have been,we have no control over the planet with its laws of nature or our own mortality.It reminds us how helpless we are and how thankful we should be that we aren't the ones being affected.

A lot of people who have an IQ 10 points above that of a bean bag dont think that a god has anything to do with the weather

So clearly you don't think dont think that a god has anything to do with the weather. But there again they claim he got Noah to build an ark for the flood he was about to bring.

A lot of people who have an IQ 10 points above that of a bean bag dont think that a god has anything to do with the weather

On the BBC news they had film of someone coming out of his home when the tornado had passed through. Looking at the damage he said "the lord giveth and the lord taketh away". His IQ must have been 10 or fewer above a bean bag.

God that must have been terrifying, the one now was huge and would have wreaked devastation wherever it touched down. This is one thing I do feel sorry for about America, it said they average 1,000 a year big respect to them for picking themselves up, and starting again.
We are at the very moment I'm writing this, under a tornado watch. The rain has been coming down in buckets, massive lightning, and hailstones like golf balls. The National Radio alert service is telling everyone to get in their basements, the only problem being we don't have a basement. Its currently centred around Western Connecticut, Massachusetts and upstate New york mostly in Duchess County, where some of our greatest friends live. I know Sheff doesn't pray much, but a little might help right now.:)

---------- Post added 21-05-2013 at 18:07 ----------

This is not an area of massive tornados, but we get our share of smaller ones. We are in a secondary hurricane zone thirty miles from the shore. We get some damage from them but the shore is like the blitz. Of course, this is also blizzard country too. The only thing we don't get are earthquakes, except an occasional tremor. My last time in Northern California was just before the massive October 89 quake in the San Francisco bay area. But I missed it thankfully.

Archived