Oklahoma Tornado

On the BBC news they had film of someone coming out of his home when the tornado had passed through. Looking at the damage he said "the lord giveth and the lord taketh away". His IQ must have been 10 or fewer above a bean bag.

Well he was a simple soul for sure.

If you really think about god then he must be a pretty nasty chappie sitting up there laughing at us all while we go through wars, genocides, plagues, mass murders etc etc while adored by millions down here on mother earth and not once intervening to put a stop to it all

Make of god what you want. I got his number long ago :D

---------- Post added 21-05-2013 at 22:51 ----------

So clearly you don't think dont think that a god has anything to do with the weather. But there again they claim he got Noah to build an ark for the flood he was about to bring.

Why.... do you think a god had anything to do with it?

---------- Post added 21-05-2013 at 23:04 ----------

We are at the very moment I'm writing this, under a tornado watch. The rain has been coming down in buckets, massive lightning, and hailstones like golf balls. The National Radio alert service is telling everyone to get in their basements, the only problem being we don't have a basement. Its currently centred around Western Connecticut, Massachusetts and upstate New york mostly in Duchess County, where some of our greatest friends live. I know Sheff doesn't pray much, but a little might help right now.:)

---------- Post added 21-05-2013 at 18:07 ----------

This is not an area of massive tornados, but we get our share of smaller ones. We are in a secondary hurricane zone thirty miles from the shore. We get some damage from them but the shore is like the blitz. Of course, this is also blizzard country too. The only thing we don't get are earthquakes, except an occasional tremor. My last time in Northern California was just before the massive October 89 quake in the San Francisco bay area. But I missed it thankfully.

Hope all turns out well and the storm passes you by. The only reason we dont get hurricanes in the Pacific is because the ocean is colder in temperature than on your side. A few degrees warmer and we would be in trouble but we have enough of our own already.

Not quakes but fires. The brush up in the mountains is as dry as tinder due to the third year of low rainfall and already big fires have wiped out a number of homes.

The fire department keep reminding people to clear the brush around their properties. Some listen, many dont.

I have quake insurance BTW but it's very expensive and theres a 50 thousand dollar deductible on top of the premium

.......His IQ must have been 10 or fewer above a bean bag.

Why?

Does using a common quote to express a recognition that some things are transient render one subnormal?

It sounded similar to "Easy come. Easy go!"

Well he was a simple soul for sure.

Did you actually hear this clip?

Sounded to me about as religious as someone going O.M.G!

Why?

Does using a common quote to express a recognition that some things are transient render one subnormal?

Invoking the name of god is one of the most common reacations of anyone who believes that god controls or is instrumental somewhow in everything we do on earth.

The priest when asked by the man whose wife has cancer if praying would somehow cure her of the disease answers.

"No my son... it wont but it might help" Might help? :huh:

Long ago I read a book written by an Aussie POW who was imprisoned on Singapore Island by the Japs.

They were fed barely enough to keep them alive and as time went by some of them started to die.

Some of them started to pray for deliverance. They didnt last very long.

Others, among them the book's author found ways to steal extra rice rations and they survived

---------- Post added 21-05-2013 at 23:30 ----------

Why?

It sounded similar to "Easy come. Easy go!"

Did you actually hear this clip?

Sounded to me about as religious as someone going O.M.G!

Well folks in the mid west are generally religious. I live in Californication however. California was never known for it's godly ways

Invoking the name of god is probably as common (if not more so) amongst unbelievers.

Describing that survivor as an idiot probably says more about the poster than the survivor.

I didnt describe him as an idiot. I think that anyone who believes a god has something to do with natural or man made catastrophes is barking up the wrong tree or misguided. Much of our troubles are of our own making. It wouldnt be stretching the imagination to assume that global warming might have something to do with it

Anyway my wife and I are sending off a hundred dollar donation to the Red Cross to aid the people of Moore town.

Maybe you could be "Christian" enough to donate a little yourself or would sending money to people in a far foreign land be "against your religion" ???????????

Long ago I read a book written by an Aussie POW who was imprisoned on Singapore Island by the Japs.

They were fed barely enough to keep them alive and as time went by some of them started to die.

Some of them started to pray for deliverance. They didnt last very long.

Others, among them the book's author found ways to steal extra rice rations and they survived

The Lord helps those who help themselves. ;)

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 06:24 ----------

Well folks in the mid west are generally religious. I live in Californication however. California was never known for it's godly ways

I once met a group of (Catholic) Irish missionaries who were going door to door. I sort of thought maybe they were on their way somewhere else. I think I cautioned them about bad neighborhoods and told them I was already a Catholic. They liked that. Heh.

I later asked a friend with relatives in Ireland about this, and she told me the Catholic church there considered us "heathens" in need of "saving."

I wasn't even insulted. Are we that bad? (This was some years ago, so perhaps their stance on California has changed)

The Lord helps those who help themselves. ;)

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 06:24 ----------

I once met a group of (Catholic) Irish missionaries who were going door to door. I sort of thought maybe they were on their way somewhere else. I think I cautioned them about bad neighborhoods and told them I was already a Catholic. They liked that. Heh.

I later asked a friend with relatives in Ireland about this, and she told me the Catholic church there considered us "heathens" in need of "saving."

I wasn't even insulted. Are we that bad? (This was some years ago, so perhaps their stance on California has changed)

I was sat here thinking of replying to a post on this thread ,

but decided to write a country and western song ,based on your signature instead.:hihi:

if wishes were stitches I'd be covered in scars

cos the bitches with stitches drove me to the bars?:huh:

There is a force that works against god called the devil.

Why does nobody turn and say "the devil did this & god made some miraculous survivals out of what could've been much much worse"???

For every one person that was tragically killed, god protected & saved tens of thousands more.

Archived