Reaching retirement age before your child/children leave home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2327674/Staggering-million-parents-50-grown-children-living-home.html#ixzz2TvRSjGFY

Increasingly, children (who are actually adults) are being forced to stay/live at home much longer than they did in the past, this is down to the increased real terms cost of housing.

People are having children later and later in life. They just can't afford to have them when their young, because before they have them, they wish to have a degree of security in their lives.

With little job security, unaffordable housing and a lack of secure housing tenure many people find themselves stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Increasingly children cannot leave home till their 30s and even 40s. And they are not having children of their own until their 30s and 40s.

For many of the current generation it looks like one will quite easily reach retirement age before their grown up children will be able to leave home.

This is a really good idea. It would be nice to have the time together:)

I think that's Chem1st's dream world isn't it? No place for 'idle' land that's needed for the rest (non-human) of the population of this planet.

Should we chop down the entire rainforest and build all over it and see what happens to out planet then?

I think chem1st would volunteer to swing the axe first. Before we start on the rain forests, how are we going to get water to the 120 million people chem wants in the country? We struggle now with water abstraction causing some rivers to dry up in the south east. Double it and we're do go from there? I put this to him once and the best he could come up with was supertankers of the north sea storing freshwater. I think he was joking. I hope so.

Are you particularly fond of dystopian societies, chem1st? Or agoraphobic, perhaps? :D

We live in a dystopian society!

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 15:42 ----------

I think that's Chem1st's dream world isn't it? No place for 'idle' land that's needed for the rest (non-human) of the population of this planet.

Should we chop down the entire rainforest and build all over it and see what happens to out planet then?

We can still have land set aside for flora and fauna!

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 15:42 ----------

We can still have land set aside for flora and fauna!

looks like wildlife needs more already.......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2013/may/21/uk-species-struggling-wildlife

when will you take off your rose coloured specs????? and step down from you traditionalist viewpoint

when humanity actually implodes??? we are heading for a meltdown, a bloodbath.....maybe when we have LOST our ecosystem - that we do depend on....really

Archived