Domestic abuse towards me

Its my snoring that sets her off she has just been playing a recording of me snoring and the banging in the recording is the next door neighbors banging on the wall. she says she is going to stitch some tennis balls to my vest and if that doesn't stop the din she is going to stick them in my......:shocked: time for separate bedrooms I think,I might be able to to get a safe and injury free nights sleep then:roll:

I see. I was thinking this to be a genuine problem in the mental vein, its that I remember something happening similar without the snoring and it turned out to be serious the lady started doing all sorts of weird things including waking in the garden not being aware etc etc unfortunately the lady in question died. Thats why I said to seek medical advise without throwing alarm bells out.

If you're snoring that badly then you need to go to your GP and discuss being seen at the sleep clinic or ENT where they can discuss solutions to your snoring, which should solve the root problem and make throttling you less likely.

If your snoring is that severe then you may also have obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) which can be a serious threat to your future health and has implications both to your attention to concentrate during the day (I really hope you don't drive for a living, for instance) but also have heart and blood pressure implications for later life if it's not dealt with.

OSA occurs when the snoring is severe enough that you intermittently stop breathing for a short time, then your body detects the drop in oxygen and rouses you to make you take a breath again. You don't wake to the point that you remember it, but this constant cycle of light sleep, snoring, stopping breathing and then rousing stops you from getting any rest and that can be pretty disastrous for you for the future. However, once you know you have OSA it can be treated- get yourself to a doctor.

If you're snoring that badly then you need to go to your GP and discuss being seen at the sleep clinic or ENT where they can discuss solutions to your snoring, which should solve the root problem and make throttling you less likely.

If your snoring is that severe then you may also have obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) which can be a serious threat to your future health and has implications both to your attention to concentrate during the day (I really hope you don't drive for a living, for instance) but also have heart and blood pressure implications for later life if it's not dealt with.

OSA occurs when the snoring is severe enough that you intermittently stop breathing for a short time, then your body detects the drop in oxygen and rouses you to make you take a breath again. You don't wake to the point that you remember it, but this constant cycle of light sleep, snoring, stopping breathing and then rousing stops you from getting any rest and that can be pretty disastrous for you for the future. However, once you know you have OSA it can be treated- get yourself to a doctor.

What you are saying rings true actually I do sometimes wake up feeling like I have had no sleep at all and feel worse.I have a problem breathing through my nose as I did a lot of boxing when I was younger and had a broken nose a few times I am not overweight so I think the snoring is from the nose problems.she usually starts slamming the bed and shoving and thumping me in the night so I sort of half wake up and don't get my proper sleep.I do feel sorry for her as she has to get to work early as well.

What you are saying rings true actually I do sometimes wake up feeling like I have had no sleep at all and feel worse.I have a problem breathing through my nose as I did a lot of boxing when I was younger and had a broken nose a few times I am not overweight so I think the snoring is from the nose problems.she usually starts slamming the bed and shoving and thumping me in the night so I sort of half wake up and don't get my proper sleep.I do feel sorry for her as she has to get to work early as well.

Wouldn't it be nice to address the root cause and both have a good night's sleep instead? There are all sorts of operations that can make your nose and sinuses a lot more competent and CPAP machines that reduce the impact of OSA.

I suffer from sleep apnea and have a CPAP machine, but I simply cannot get on with it- It cures the snoring by keeping me awake all night.

Has anyone been able to get a better solution to this problem? My doctor hasn't come up with anything, he just says I'll have to perservere. - I have, but the solution is worse than the problem. Any ideas?

Archived