Help thinking of selling my extensive vinyl record collection

I am thinking of getting rid of my extensive vynal record collection approx 3000 45's and about 150 albums is there anywhere in South yorksire that will offer propper money. Collection 60's and 70's

shops will only give you a third, maybe closer to half what its worth.........they need to sell it on obviously and need to make a profit

for "proper" money you need to sell it yourself but thats time consuming and hassle, you could sell em on ebay, musicstack, cdandlp or if its dance, funk, soul, hip hop related then maybe hard to find records

theres also the classifieds at the back of record collector magazine

I am thinking of getting rid of my extensive vynal record collection approx 3000 45's and about 150 albums is there anywhere in South yorksire that will offer propper money. Collection 60's and 70's

Vinyl does not fetch much money for one reason nobody wants it,i used to have a record only playback hi-fi system that cost me a fortune.I would upgrade this and upgrade that but the underlying limiting factor was the poor quality of the records.When CD came out i borrowed a Phillips cd104 and was blown away by the vast improvement in sound quality,i purchased a B&O CDX stand alone player and replaced my records with the CD version.Still got my vinyl and a record deck but its only on rare occasions that they get played.

Vinyl does not fetch much money for one reason nobody wants it,i used to have a record only playback hi-fi system that cost me a fortune.I would upgrade this and upgrade that but the underlying limiting factor was the poor quality of the records.When CD came out i borrowed a Phillips cd104 and was blown away by the vast improvement in sound quality,i purchased a B&O CDX stand alone player and replaced my records with the CD version.Still got my vinyl and a record deck but its only on rare occasions that they get played.

you know nothing about it really dont you? records do sell, plenty of places sell them, plenty still get released, the rarer ones and particularly original classic pressings sell for more and more

as for quality, theres an interesting bit in the link in cressidas cassettes thread, from somebody in the industry, they agree with audiophiles that analogue does sound better than cd

as for quality, theres an interesting bit in the link in cressidas cassettes thread, from somebody in the industry, they agree with audiophiles that analogue does sound better than cd

Anyone arguing that a cassette sounds better than any digital format needs their ears checking. As the link in cressida's thread says, the only reason there is a upswing in cassette sales is for marketing purposes (bands wanting to be seen as different), not because they're actually any good.

If this is the person you mean;

"Digital will always be ones and zeros," says Fernando Baldeon, a sales consultant at Analogue. "Analogue is still the best sound from a recording."

I think I'll take what he says with a large pinch of salt thank you very much.

As for audiofools, I mean audiophiles, the best description I've heard of them is "hifi enthusiasts with a credit card".

Anyone arguing that a cassette sounds better than any digital format needs their ears checking. As the link in cressida's thread says, the only reason there is a upswing in cassette sales is for marketing purposes (bands wanting to be seen as different), not because they're actually any good.

If this is the person you mean;

I think I'll take what he says with a large pinch of salt thank you very much.

As for audiofools, I mean audiophiles, the best description I've heard of them is "hifi enthusiasts with a credit card".

I used to buy all the mags but soon realised its all a big con,speakers the price of a house, amplifiers that one man cannot move on his own,wire that is directional, the list goes on.The boss at Quad,that great British company,once did a blind demo of a selection of amplifiers, an audience of hi-fi writers were asked to score the performance of each out of ten,when the curtains in the hall were opened one Quad amp and speakers were revealed.The room was in uproar when the scores were checked.In a blind unbiased test CD would out perform a record any day.

Archived