Do MPs deserve a £20,000 pay rise?

They should be given a 1% increase like all public sector workers will be getting.

I thought they'd frozen all public sector pay rises now?

Funny tho because I'm pretty sure they're 'public sector' so how can they turn around and ask for a massive increase?

oh yea, I forgot - they're a bunch of self-serving *#@!!'#

Funny tho because I'm pretty sure they're 'public sector' so how can they turn around and ask for a massive increase?

oh yea, I forgot - they're a bunch of self-serving *#@!!'#

1% cap was announced last week!

They probably only was expecting £10,000 so have said £20,000 so we'll all think they are all great when they only take half of what they asked for.

Have the MPs asked for an increase, or has their pay review body recommended one?

It seems to me that it would be in very poor taste for them to accept an increase when everybody else is going without.

Perhaps their constituents might tell them that anybody who does accept a payraise will be looking for a new job the next time there's an election/by election.

And pigs might fly.

In answer to the O.P. 's question :- if anything, they should reduce their pay by £ 20, 000--ditto with the greedy BBC ' high ' flyers, the greedy bankers.......et al.....This country is sinking into a culture of avarice and incompetence.

Rule Britannia !.............and God Help Us

Have the MPs asked for an increase, or has their pay review body recommended one?

It seems to me that it would be in very poor taste for them to accept an increase when everybody else is going without.

Perhaps their constituents might tell them that anybody who does accept a payraise will be looking for a new job the next time there's an election/by election.

And pigs might fly.

There was an anonymous poll, asked how much they thought they should be paid.

20K more than currently was roughly the average of the responses :rant:

MPs are considering giving themselves a salary increase. If you disagree with this please sign petition::o

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/44225

MPs don't have anything to do with their pay scales. It is down to an independent body to sort out. So a pretty stupid point all in all.

---------- Post added 01-07-2013 at 21:01 ----------

They didn't.

---------- Post added 01-07-2013 at 21:04 ----------

Disasterous Dave Cameron says he can't prevent the MP's pay rise. I suspect he doesn't want to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23122628

Typical Mecky. You can blame the Brown Buffoon. He is the one who set up the independent body to set MPs pay.

MPs don't have anything to do with their pay scales. It is down to an independent body to sort out. So a pretty stupid point all in all..

You mean the one they set up the one they pay for, the one they have set the criteria and scope for?

Hm, they are very much likely to come up with a recommendation that will result in a pay freeze, or heaven forbid, what they deserve, a pay DECREASE.

Archived