Children with mobiles and BBM

Hi

My daughter seems to be on her mobile 24/7, anyone else have similar concerns?

Against my wishes, she got a mobile when she was around 5 years old. Its normal for kids to have mobiles now, even though there is a government health warning.

Hi

My daughter seems to be on her mobile 24/7, anyone else have similar concerns?

Against my wishes, she got a mobile when she was around 5 years old. Its normal for kids to have mobiles now, even though there is a government health warning.

How did a 5 year old get a mobile without the parents permission?

My 10 year old doesn't have a mobile, I see very little point in a child having one especially at 5!

In my opinion children having mobiles only became 'the norm' due to parents who lack the ability to say no. I'm not accusing you of this as you said it was against your wishes but it puts more pressure on the rest of us.

I would be worried about her future social skills.

I think the sales of glasses and hearing aids will soar in the next 20 to 30 years due to the amount of time young people now spend looking at or plugged in to their mobile phones, combined with extensive use of the home computer, games consoles etc the health issues for these youngsters in future don't bear thinking about.

My kids were both 10 when they got their first mobiles as that is the age that they started walking to and from school on their own. Why would a 5 year old need a mobile? It's far too young.

I agree, a child in my sons class has a mobile as his mum is unable to collect him from school and he calls to tell her he has left school so she knows when to expect him home. That is a good use of a child having a mobile.

Who on earth is a 5 year old likely to need to ring/ text?

Archived