The nod of respect

Do you get the nod of respect from people you share similarities with?

For example I am quite stocky so big guys who look like they train give me the nod, other notable examples are when Im wearing football shirt and people who support the same team give me the nod.

Do you get the nod and what kind of people who you share similarities with give you the nod?

My beard gets me recognition from other beardies.

I also get the nod from other grandfathers when I show up at the children's playground with a grand-kid.

Now waiting for Zach (2 months) to grow up and see whether he gets me the nod from other great-granfathers

Do you get the nod of respect from people you share similarities with?

For example I am quite stocky so big guys who look like they train give me the nod, other notable examples are when Im wearing football shirt and people who support the same team give me the nod.

Do you get the nod and what kind of people who you share similarities with give you the nod?

Isn't it rather a nod of recognition than respect?

... Now if only there was a way of acknowledging forum pedants... :nod:

Hardly, recognising someone in a football shirt and respecting someone in a football shirt are two different things.

Whooooosh!

:D

You might need to spell it out, quoting me and and infering I was a pendant. I respond to that inference and suddenly your little ruse has gone over my head.

You might need to spell it out, quoting me and and infering I was a pendant. I respond to that inference and suddenly your little ruse has gone over my head.

Certainly Mr Snailyboy!

I think the majority of posters will be aware of what was meant by the OP. The word used should perhaps have been 'acknowledgement' and neither 'respect' or 'recognition', but only a pedant would have taken the time and effort to point this out and not actually contributed to the thread.

The use of the :nod: smiley was an attempt to answer my own question with a little humour.

This obviously failed in your case, and the lack of a "that went straight over your head" smiley was replaced by the Whooooosh! which to your credit you understood.

Hope this explains everything to your satisfaction! ;)

Archived