Is nothing safe??

So glad to see this turning into a personal attack. I was asleep after a hard days work so I can pay my taxes and feed my family without claiming benefits and to your next points the vans were actually parked on my drive not on the road glad to see youget your facts right before accusing

Safer to park on the street, I have a drive but my van stays on the street as on the drive it is out of view of neighbours but on the street if anyone attempts anything there is a good chance one of the neighbours may spot it.

• 7 months later...

I had the exhaust stolen from my sprinter 30/12/13 and I wouldn't bother getting CCTV my neighbour got it on cam and it's the gypsies that's steeling them the police are frightend to death of them and they told me even with video evidence there's nothing they can do about it so that's what we pay our taxes for people.

---------- Post added 07-01-2014 at 09:33 ----------

Safer to park on the street, I have a drive but my van stays on the street as on the drive it is out of view of neighbours but on the street if anyone attempts anything there is a good chance one of the neighbours may spot it.

Don't keep thinking that mine was on street and I have the noseyest neighbours but they come in night and there fast and silent and there under your vehicle out of sight they park at end of road and walk to your van it's only 1 nut and bolt that holds them on and they just cut sensor wires with snips.

---------- Post added 07-01-2014 at 09:47 ----------

Doubt you could afford it

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 19:27 ----------

Law is law, it was done for a reason

Sounds abit like a jobs worth do gooder with nothing better to do so all tradesmen with vans should pay to hire land to park there vans he will be the first to complain when he has to pay more for work done when us with vans have to cover the extra expense it's people of his sort that help destroy small businesses (tony2) we all gather hahaha get a life only saying what everyone else is thinking

Hi, is there no way to secure these better than 1 nut and bolt ?

I'm not sure what they are but its got to be worth looking into if anything else could be added like welding a wire strap to the chassis and whatever they are stealing ?

They can be cut off with a pipe cutter..not sure how you'd physically stop it..

Archived