Proposed NEXT store Public Inquiry

If you are expecting their planning policy to be changed overnight, think again. There is a framework within which planning policy must be developed and it takes years and a huge amount of effort and money to make major changes.

I dont expect the council to change their planning policy. Not because its right, but because of the sheer arrogance and complete disregard for public opinion that is shown by the council , as has been highlighted in the NEXT case.

I also fully expect the council to completely ignore the planning inspectors findings and carry on with their flawed policy . The most alarming thing about this farce is that this bunch of inept Councillors will no doubt be voted back in at the next local elections to continue their destruction of a once great , vibrant city.

If the plans hadn't been passed would the chief executive of next come along and said, okay we want to build a unit in Sheffield and so we'll look at other sites in the immediate area. I think that rather than getting quotes from some-one who has a vested interest in next then it would of been nice to have a balanced counter viewpoint but ssadly this rarely if ever happens with the Stars reporting. I doubt if i will ever need to use this new store or if I do I would imagine maybe once every few years which'll probably be the same for some of the more vocal enthusiasts for the place.

The cheif Exec of NEXT is not at all happy with the council`s behavior and pathetic attempts to block the new store .

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/next-s-shocking-treatment-1-5833620

Or, in planner1-speak, "Everthing is fine, nothing to see here, move along now, SCC know what they are doing."

Yes, and the people of Sheffield now know what they are doing as well...

If the plans hadn't been passed would the chief executive of next come along and said, okay we want to build a unit in Sheffield and so we'll look at other sites in the immediate area. I think that rather than getting quotes from some-one who has a vested interest in next then it would of been nice to have a balanced counter viewpoint but ssadly this rarely if ever happens with the Stars reporting. I doubt if i will ever need to use this new store or if I do I would imagine maybe once every few years which'll probably be the same for some of the more vocal enthusiasts for the place.

its not just a next store you know, there will be other business's as well, or perhaps they should all be stopped and not employ people because you didnt like a report in the star?!!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Yes, it's going to include a Sytner dealership and an outlet for Costa Coffee. This is a proposal that will cost millions. Yet here we have a council that always thinks it knows best. So what do they do? They go and refuse it and then resist the appeal.

I noted with interest that Sheffield city centre is rated the 63rd most attractive place to shop, according to an article in today's news. Meadowhall is 28th. Draw your own conclusions.