Proposed NEXT store Public Inquiry

10th bottom for what? Education achievements? Number of council houses? Council Tax charges? Parking fines? What?

Overall efficiency and effectiveness I guess.

I have no more details to corroborate this, but it came from a reliable source.

Why not go back to your reliable source then and ask. There are all kinds of league tables nowadays but generally they don't compare like with like. Comparing Sheffield to a nice affluent rural community in Surrey doesn't tell anyone anything other than you can't compare the two. Industrial urban areas tend to have lower performances in these indicators than areas where social pressures are less intense. But it doesn't mean that councils in urban areas are necessarily underperforming, just that their responsibilities are greater.

In the local government league tables for 2008, I think the very last table before they were scrapped, Sheffield had 4 stars and a classed as doing well, what ever that meant.

See here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/table/2009/mar/05/local-government-league-tables-cpa

In the local government league tables for 2008, I think the very last table before they were scrapped, Sheffield had 4 stars and a classed as doing well, what ever that meant.

See here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/table/2009/mar/05/local-government-league-tables-cpa

I'm no fan of SCC but making stuff up like this (bold) does you no favours

10th bottom for what? Education achievements? Number of council houses? Council Tax charges? Parking fines? What?

I would think sheffield council are in the top five in the country when it comes to parking fines knowing their obsession with fleecing motorists at every opportunity.

scc made 1.7 mill in 2010 and 2.4 mill in 2011 from parking charges, nice little earner for scc really

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

If that is the case how much did it save you in council tax? Thank you to the people who break the law, it helped keep care homes open.