Proposed NEXT store Public Inquiry

sorry planner1 but that is a very damming report against your boss, did you honestly think that no-one would read it??

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Planning decisions are made by a committee of Councillors, not my boss (who isn't David Caulfied by the way).

It isn't a damning report about anyone. It's a thorough explanation of why a planning inspector reached their decision, as you would expect.

Why would you think that I would expect that no-one would read the report?

Especially as I had asked for a link to it on a public forum!

Planning decisions are made by a committee of Councillors, not my boss (who isn't David Caulfied by the way).

It isn't a damning report about anyone. It's a thorough explanation of why a planning inspector reached their decision, as you would expect.

So are you saying that David Caulfield was correct to ignore the case officer and retail policy officer and then attempt to get expert external advisers to change the advice thsy had given based on the facts of the case?

So are you saying that David Caulfield was correct to ignore the case officer and retail policy officer and then attempt to get expert external advisers to change the advice thsy had given based on the facts of the case?

As usual, you mistake disagreeing with a view for ignoring it.

If he disagreed with their recommendations, of course he was right. His name goes on the bottom of the report to the decision making Committee, not theirs.

As usual, you mistake disagreeing with a view for ignoring it.

If he disagreed with their recommendations, of course he was right. His name goes on the bottom of the report to the decision making Committee, not theirs.

So he decided what does and does not go into the report to the decision making committee.

Do you think the decision making committee would have liked to have known that three internal and external experts thought that the plans should have been passed?

Edited by BoroB

The inspector pretty much disagreed across the board with the way the council interpreted its own policies. He also disagreed with their definition (or lack of in the case of the central retail area) of what constitutes key parts of the city. It will certainly be interesting to see how the judgement on what can or can't be defined as Meadowhall pans out regarding future retail proposals for this area.

It is as you say a very thorough explanation, a very thorough explanation of how wrong the council were to refuse the application.

why can you actually say there wrong instead of using spin

---------- Post added 10-07-2013 at 20:56 ----------

Sheffield were ranked 40th for the amount of revenue raised from parking charges in a report compiled by the Taxpayers Alliance in 2009. That's with 60 Local Authorities being excluded from the list for various reasons.

So nowhere near the top 5 with some LA's receiving many multiples of what Sheffield collects from parking charges, mainly in London as per the link posted by Planner1.

so why in a report on the tv this year sheffield council was in top 5 of revenue from parking fines and tickets

---------- Post added 10-07-2013 at 20:59 ----------

The council are now in super duper extra special secret advanced priority talks with Hammersons.

so secret they dont know about it

Because life isn't as simple as that.

Yes it is. They were tasked with making a decision based on rules, they failed to follow the rules and did some very dodgy stuff with the evidence presented in the process.

You have claimed many times that companies wishing to invest in Sheffield (how very dare they!) try it on and seek to game the system. It is clear from this judgement that SCC have been trying it on and seeking to game the system, fortunately they have now been caught out doing so.

The anti-business, anti-investment, incompetent mess that is SCC has been caught with it's pants down and it's there for all to see. As is your continued defence of the indefensible.