Niche Nights

NicheRULES

Niche DJs always tend to 'drop it' when the soundwave of the simultaneous beat is increasing in amplitude, whereas normal speed garage DJs drop it in a fraction of a second later, as the amplitude is reaching what audio experts call "the muddy flipflop". By doing so Niche is 4 times more real.

i think you will find the 'niche club' DJs were the first to play niche, they mix two or three songs and a beat which is grimy thus giving a faster and heavier bass than speed garage.

So which one is it? Which tenuous claim is one of you going to make next?

"Ooh Niche is different as it has a cowbell"

"Niche is different because it's spelt differently"

What are you going to categorise it differently by next?

Wilf

So which one is it? Which tenuous claim is one of you going to make next?

"Ooh Niche is different as it has a cowbell"

"Niche is different because it's spelt differently"

What are you going to categorise it differently by next?

Wilf

Never underestimate a cowbell.

Im a lover of the new and popula niche music, but i cant seem to find any clubs in sheffield which plays this lovely music. Niche music brings people together - at a party when a niche track is put on everybody just gets up a raves. Niche is a metaphor for love and fairgrounds.Please tell me where i can get new tracks and what clubs play this music - i went to the 'club niche' but my night ended shortly as there was a shooting. thanks for any help. peace out felo ravas, checkin out, yo

Bloody hell its always the same with Niche threads, sumbody asks a question n ul be lucky if u get an answer thats in the slightest bit relevant! I think wev had 1 on here so far!!

Somebody said Limit n id say thats ur best bet. Iv never been 2 Niche but my m8s were regulars n they now go 2 Limit. They say the musics more or less the same kinda stuff. The old Niche DJs play there anyway, Shaun Banger Scott n Nev Wright 4 example. Also, iv never been but u could try Bassheaven at Adelphi on fridays. :D

Bloody hell its always the same with Niche threads, sumbody asks a question n ul be lucky if u get an answer thats in the slightest bit relevant! I think wev had 1 on here so far!!

Somebody said Limit n id say thats ur best bet. Iv never been 2 Niche but my m8s were regulars n they now go 2 Limit. They say the musics more or less the same kinda stuff. The old Niche DJs play there anyway, Shaun Banger Scott n Nev Wright 4 example. Also, iv never been but u could try Bassheaven at Adelphi on fridays. :D

Yeah these guys know their s**t. A list of my favourite Niche DJs:

1. Shaun Banger Scott

2. Nev Wright 4 Example

3. Camelot Montage Escobar Soundsystem

I bet these guys don't mind if they get asked to play "Niche toons".

Do you think Nev Wright 4 Example funded his record collection from those fake cheques you get through as junk mail made out to "Example"?

The 3rd DJ isn't bassline btw. He's more metronome. Remixes a lot of John Cage.

W>O>R>D>>>

For anyone getting too bothered the use of the phrase "Niche" to describe tunes rather than the actual club - there's a long history of this - the term "House" music came from the tunes that were played at the Warehouse club in Chicago in the early/mid 80s - which soon got shortened to "house"..

...although whether the speed garage/bassline house that was played at Niche is quite so innovative as the Warehouse's tunes is another question...

Archived