Niche Nights

NicheRULES

Lifted from Wikipedia:

4x4 Garage is a variety of UK garage with a 4/4 time signature and drums consisting of a bass drum on each beat in the bar, similar in style to house music.

4x4 garage was the most common form of garage before 2 step garage became more popular. Since the "death" of garage in the mainstream and the increased popularity of grime, 4x4 has once again become the favoured drum pattern for producers of UK garage.

The terms "4x4", "Speed Garage" and "Bassline House" have become interchangeable in today's 4/4 garage scene, although speed garage is often used to falsely identify 2 step or UK garage.

Since the turn of the new millennium, this brand of garage has re emerged as a firm favourite with UK clubbers, resulting in the return of the term "raving" among clubbers. A number of new producers, DJ's and nightclubs have also emerged of the back of its success, including DJ Joe Hunt, Danny Bond, Naughty Nick, and big ang. Many major clubs such as air, moonlounge and radius have hosted speed garage nights and promotions, while the longstanding champion of the 4x4 garage sound Niche Nightclub from sheffield continues to hold major speed garage events, attracting ravers from all over the world.

Lifted from Wikipedia:

, while the longstanding champion of the 4x4 garage sound Niche Nightclub from sheffield continues to hold major speed garage events, attracting ravers from all over the world.

is Wikipedia the one where you can put your own entries in?

People on here make me chuckle, if u dont like Niche, (and dont all yell at me 4 not sayin Speed Garage as i believe the title of this thread is 'Niche Nights') then why do u read this thread? Nobody asked u 4 ur bloody opinion on the place, just if u knew anywhere that played it! If u want to spout ur opinion, i believe theres a thread entitled 'Do u like Niche?'

People on here make me chuckle, if u dont like Niche, (and dont all yell at me 4 not sayin Speed Garage as i believe the title of this thread is 'Niche Nights') then why do u read this thread? Nobody asked u 4 ur bloody opinion on the place, just if u knew anywhere that played it! If u want to spout ur opinion, i believe theres a thread entitled 'Do u like Niche?'

I like Niche and used to go quite often and have done for about 6 years (it was better back then, maybe because i was underage) and am not getting at anyone. I used to say Nche music, before I began to understand that there was a whole speed garage scene out there, so it wasn't possible to go into other clubs and say 'Great Niche tune' doesn't make sense.

I like Niche and used to go quite often and have done for about 6 years (it was better back then, maybe because i was underage) and am not getting at anyone. I used to say Nche music, before I began to understand that there was a whole speed garage scene out there, so it wasn't possible to go into other clubs and say 'Great Niche tune' doesn't make sense.

Yeah actually i used 2 say Niche music until i learned actually, it aint 'Niche music', its Speed Garage. It started pissin me off when i kept hearin little chav kids playin it on their mobiles n sayin how sick Niche was, even tho they were about 12. It was then i realised they were on about the music, not the club.

Owls Chick knows wots she on about. Mr.'I no everythin DJ' iam gonna prove u wrong a second time..here goes...Even in Ibiza they recognise what 'niche' music is all the way ova there - so dont tell me its a sheffiield thang, this is because, (as i have already explained once) niche is slighty different than speed garage. The DJs in Ibiza know what niche is and how it differs from speed garage.

Archived