Niche Nights

NicheRULES

Thats not true, Niche music is just Speed garage called something different by people arrogant enough to think Niche invented it.

thats right niche just played speed garage. speed garage is not niche, niche was a place!which it was still...

Moving On....

CAN ANYONE HELP ME GET THIS TUNE

Its called DINER, the 'Speedgarage' yes the 'Speedgarage one, thats what i said' Version

ive been wanting it now for ages and ages but never knew where to get it from it someone can help me out and let me know where i can get a copy...

Thanks

OwlsChick

studio beatz will have it on west street

Lifted from Wikipedia:

4x4 Garage is a variety of UK garage with a 4/4 time signature and drums consisting of a bass drum on each beat in the bar, similar in style to house music.

4x4 garage was the most common form of garage before 2 step garage became more popular. Since the "death" of garage in the mainstream and the increased popularity of grime, 4x4 has once again become the favoured drum pattern for producers of UK garage.

The terms "4x4", "Speed Garage" and "Bassline House" have become interchangeable in today's 4/4 garage scene, although speed garage is often used to falsely identify 2 step or UK garage.

Since the turn of the new millennium, this brand of garage has re emerged as a firm favourite with UK clubbers, resulting in the return of the term "raving" among clubbers. A number of new producers, DJ's and nightclubs have also emerged of the back of its success, including DJ Joe Hunt, Danny Bond, Naughty Nick, and big ang. Many major clubs such as air, moonlounge and radius have hosted speed garage nights and promotions, while the longstanding champion of the 4x4 garage sound Niche Nightclub from sheffield continues to hold major speed garage events, attracting ravers from all over the world.

FOOKIN SPOT ON END OF DISCUSSION!

THe funniest thing is many djs dont play much actual speed garage anymore!

Its more 4x4 than anything, Speed garage when first procduced in the mid nineties was slower paced and more jungle influenced than todays productions... as i said its mostly 4x4 now, thats all i play in my sets.:D

goodness me these kinds of posts make me really annoyed.

1. niche is a club not a genre/type of music

2.niche is a club which plays the genre,speed garage/bassline house/4x4 or whatever else you would like to call it. There is no such genre as "niche music", I REPEAT no such genre as niche music!:rant:

goodness me these kinds of posts make me really annoyed.

1. niche is a club not a genre/type of music

2.niche is a club which plays the genre,speed garage/bassline house/4x4 or whatever else you would like to call it. There is no such genre as "niche music", I REPEAT no such genre as niche music!:rant:

This is true, it would be like me calling all cheesy music Kingdom or all rocky music corporation, or all Kylie and barbara streisand music Fuel:P

This is true, it would be like me calling all cheesy music Kingdom or all rocky music corporation, or all Kylie and barbara streisand music Fuel:P

exactly...these are types of music played in the clubs you have named!thanks for that :)

Yes she do's Know what she's on about

thats why that **** Sheffieldism hasnt posted back

i call it niche anyways not speedgarage even though i know its not called niche, i still call it niche, along with the 100's of people who also call speed garage, NICHE!

easy now owlschick, the reason that **** didnt post pack is beacuse that **** has been on holiday, so chill lady.

uve just said there that u know speedgarage is not called niche, so at least you agree with me on something. cheers love ;)

to me its just how it is known locally or to those that have heard of the club, and thats all ive got to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived