Niche Nights

NicheRULES

oh yeah and call it what you will - but to be fair Niche been so big in Sheff that it sort of branded various genres speed garage, bassline house, 4x4 etc just "niche" thats that:suspect:

the reason why people call niche music "niche music" is because the people are not educated enough to call it speed garage or 4/4 bassline house. As Niche or Vibe is one of the few clubs that does this music weekly and lasted the longest. But hey thats a good thing for the niche brand though.

Niche has NOT branded any genre of speed garage. Try london 1997.

everybody is sort of right.

i know all the dj's at vibe and most of the producers in sheffield and i know for a fact that none of them call what they play niche. they all refer to it as what it is (speed garage/bassline/organ/4x4).

now there is a story that frankie knuckles had to ask what house music was when he first saw it advertised in a record shop so whats in a name?

now speaking for me personally when i hear someone call it 'niche' it makes me cringe, i automatically assume they are thick and ignorant. i know its wrong but what can i say i'm nowhere near perfect.

as a little aside, pure speed garage is pretty much dead in the water, its all 4 x 4 and bassline these days but as a musical genre with all its offshoots(possibly 4x4 being the exception) is really a musical cul-de-sac, its based on the cannibalisation and rehashing of other songs with virtually no originality. armand van heldon must be full of regret that the genre he helped create is in desparate danger of dying.

u guys should be proud that a shef club has managed to rebrand speed garage so that now peeps only know it as "niche"! it makes my heart swell w/ pride!

lol

btw "limit" is now called "niche allnighter" anywayz. whenever ive been there its been empty?!!

hahaha....lol.... you know ya stuff....not!!! :hihi:

the limit shut down last year and now the new residence for "Niche" is club Vibe on charter street! :thumbsup:

Vibe is so much better than limit but nothing will ever replace Niche on sydney street. As 4 calling it "Niche" music its just something people have picked up as they relate the music to the club and as Niche was the 1st club in sheffield really playing speed garage/4x4/bassline on a regular :)

u guys should be proud that a shef club has managed to rebrand speed garage so that now peeps only know it as "niche"! it makes my heart swell w/ pride!

lol

btw "limit" is now called "niche allnighter" anywayz. whenever ive been there its been empty?!!

Sorry Ambrose but I'm not proud. It shows the niche audience do not understand the music genre they enjoy kor even read for that matter. If this was something that was brand new on the scene then I would forgive them with open arms, but for the past 10 years the crowd have bastardised the word garage.

An example of this scenario is

Gatecrasher being the music criteria for Trance

Hotpants Music= Disco

Urban Gorilla Music = Breaks or Techno

Hustle Music = House

The list goes on.

Respect to Niche, it has put Sheffield on the map for the right and wrong reasons, however go outside of Sheffield and ask for a Niche record and some shop owners may look at you strange.

Archived