Woolwich 'serious incident' 22 May 2013

How many dead people does it take to make a "river of blood" at what point does the phrase become factual?...

How many dead do we have so far? How many dead do we have this week from routine murders?

Just try to keep things in perspective Focusnow, people might be forgiven in believing you're hoping for a calamity, rather than peace & love between the communities that make up this great nation.

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 21:44 ----------

PS. I forgot to add, I feel sorry for the many decent peaceful Muslims living in this country, because incidents like this can't make life any easier for them.

PPS. I'm pleased to see the Muslim Council of Britain quickly condemned this incident.

Well said Doom, although I think this is the first time any press release by the MCGB has been taken up by the mainstream media, they often condemn the extremists/perverts in their faith.

Can all of the rabid speculation and predictions of mass bloodshed, a nation dying and similar be put into a bit of perspective please?

Take a step back and think about how many millions of Muslim people are likely to be just as appalled by the actions of these few people as Christians, atheists and Jews are.

Calling for rioting is not a positive response and SF certainly is not going to be used for such rabble rousing.

What has happened is abhorrent, but is actually a very small scale issue that very sadly has involved loss of life.

You can always guess which religion is going to be involved whenever an incident like this happens.....and 99% of the time you'd guess correctly.

Can a multi-cultural society really work? - I suspect it can, but only if we let people into this country who are also willing to accept and embrace our culture, which also includes learning the language.

Unfortunately the open door policy of recent Governments has allowed all sorts of people into our country, many of whom don't like us or our culture, but they're here because of the freebies on offer.

Whilst there'll always be nutters about (Religious or otherwise), we could cut down on these and other unpleasant incidents by being far more strict on our admittance policy into this country.

I suspect todays events will have earned UKIP a few more votes, it also seems to have crashed the help the heroes website due to the number of people wanting to donate.

Regards

Doom

PS. I forgot to add, I feel sorry for the many decent peaceful Muslims living in this country, because incidents like this can't make life any easier for them.

PPS. I'm pleased to see the Muslim Council of Britain quickly condemned this incident.

You would never expect them to condone it would you.

As a religious person I struggle to understand how anybody could kill somebody apparently in the name of god. They're full of hatred that has no place in religion, they just choose to hang their hate on a hideously warped interpretation of their beliefs.

I can never understand this.

I always thought religion was supposed to be about peace, tolerance, helping your fellow man and many other positive things. I suspect for most people it probably is, it's just a shame that a few brainwashed individuals have their own warped ideas of what their religion is supposed to be about.

Regards

Doom

I can never understand this.

I always thought religion was supposed to be about peace, tolerance, helping your fellow man and many other positive things. I suspect for most people it probably is, it's just a shame that a few brainwashed individuals have their own warped ideas of what their religion is supposed to be about.

Regards

Doom

You can do all those things without religion

And still the liberal left insist that mass immigration has been good for our country and that multiculturalism is amazing. How many more incidents like this would it take for them to change their mind? My guess is they would not under any circumstances. They are as deranged as the most devoutly religious are.

Stupidity beyond stupidity...you really believe the actions of two 20 year old knobheads represents a failure of multiculturism.

Do you know how many days pass in the UK without a shocking murder? Do gratuitous murders of non Muslims on non Muslims represent a failure of anything?

Can all of the rabid speculation and predictions of mass bloodshed, a nation dying and similar be put into a bit of perspective please?

Take a step back and think about how many millions of Muslim people are likely to be just as appalled by the actions of these few people as Christians, atheists and Jews are.

Calling for rioting is not a positive response and SF certainly is not going to be used for such rabble rousing.

What has happened is abhorrent, but is actually a very small scale issue that very sadly has involved loss of life.

I agree. Imagine how frightened Muslims must feel (and as you say equally as appalled) and now Tommy Robinson I gather, is en route to Woolwich and the EDL is calling for people to take to the streets. It's horrific, shocking, horrifying and tragic. My thoughts are with the deceased's family and friends.

Archived