Woolwich 'serious incident' 22 May 2013

As someone else said, above, someone could commit an atrocious act like this and say that Glamrocker spoke to them through their morning cornflakes, and ordered them to do it.

You dont read the news then
[/Quote]

OMG! please, NO! Don't say someone's cornflakes spoke to them?

*"runs" screaming from the room*

---------- Post added 23-05-2013 at 13:25 ----------

If you actually take the quote in the correct context, as it was used in the bible as a plea for proportionality of retalliation, not as a call for vengance.

As in: If you enemy takes an eye, only take an eye in retalliation, do not kill him or his kin. etc.

*sighs* there you go, bringing common sense and facts into the argument! :roll:;)

There is an interesting live blog on the Guardian website...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/23/woolwich-latest-developments-live

Police are searching a house in Lincoln where the family of one of the suspects, Michael Olumide Adebolajo (born in Lambeth) lives.

Adebolajo had a Muslim name, Mujaahid, which means one who engages in Jihad.

A Briton, then, Nikki? not a "furriner?" *looks in the direction of the nay-sayers* hmmm...

I doubt if many of the negative-ers (or even Adebolajo himself) actually knows what Jihaad means

---------- Post added 23-05-2013 at 13:30 ----------

Could you and your lady friend please stop taking my name in vain,and stop being homophobic ;)

I am anything BUT homophobic.

A Briton, then, Nikki? not a "furriner?" *looks in the direction of the nay-sayers* hmmm...

I doubt if many of the negative-ers (or even Adebolajo himself) actually knows what Jihaad means

"Michael Olumide Adebolajo, was born in Lambeth on December 10th 1984 and is of Nigerian descent. He grew up in Romford and went to Marshalls Park School in Harold Hill.He was later a student at Greenwich university and lived in that area in 2004 and 2005 in student accommodation. His family moved to Lincoln around 2004"

From the link in my last post.

I do wish the media would stop showing pictures of the scene of the horrific crime.

Turn the tele off.

I can't stand the news on slow moving subjects like this. Endlessly stirring around the same information and seeing which way they can dish it out again next.

His family have been informed but are being given time to deal with it.

I do wish the media would stop showing pictures of the scene of the horrific crime.

It must be horrific for them. I do hope that the media respects their privacy at this awful time.

This won't be the last it time this happens, it's been reported that 30 plots have been foiled.

We have already had the London bombings, now this, seems the Muslim community are quick to come out of the traps and tell us all how this is not an true reflection On Islam, I'd like to see the Muslim community do a lot more to to combat these nutters.

This is more evidence that different religions cannot live peacefully side by side, how many more deaths will it take.

Turn the tele off.

I can't stand the news on slow moving subjects like this. Endlessly stirring around the same information and seeing which way they can dish it out again next.

The endless speculation is dreadful, I was shocked by the initial reports last night on R4's PM, the poor quality of journalism was astounding.

---------- Post added 23-05-2013 at 13:50 ----------

This won't be the last it time this happens, it's been reported that 30 plots have been foiled.

We have already had the London bombings, now this, seems the Muslim community are quick to come out of the traps and tell us all how this is not an true reflection On Islam, I'd like to see the Muslim community do a lot more to to combat these nutters.

This is more evidence that different religions cannot live peacefully side by side, how many more deaths will it take.

What do you think that they should do? Take to the streets like the EDL?

Archived