Woolwich 'serious incident' 22 May 2013

Well what a surprise. The perpetrators were known to the security services and had been under survilance in the past. There wouldn't have been a murder if they had been stuck on a plane to the country they think they support.

It also took firearms officers 14 minutes to arrive after receiving a 999 call. That is a disgrace in the capital. How long would it have taken out in the sticks?

Not sure, but I'd like them to do a little more than just say this is not an Islamic act after the killing 52 people in London in the name of Islam, decapitating service men in the streets of London in the name of Islam and having 30 terror plots foiled in the name of...... Islam

Is there anything to be said for the fact that they chose a soldier who in their eyes was a party to terrorist attacks on Muslims, rather than random wholly innocent men / women & children? This wasnt an indiscriminate attack on british people like a bomb in a public area or a mass shooting spree. Horrific all the same.

Is there anything to be said for the fact that they chose a soldier who in their eyes was a party to terrorist attacks on Muslims, rather than random wholly innocent men / women & children? This wasnt an indiscriminate attack on british people like a bomb in a public area or a mass shooting spree. Horrific all the same.

I had the thought that their targeted attack would soon be lauded as some kind of restraint and the fact they waited nicely for the police.

To me it's more likely cowardice they didn't stroll into the barracks and start something with the armed guards and they probably wanted the police to kill them ending their worthless life and martyring them.

ETA not to suggest you are in any way applauding them lil-minx.

It was a half arsed attempt to legitimise it. They ran him down with a car and hacked an unarmed man to death, the fact he's a soldier is minor thing. It doesnt make them soldiers in any sense of the word. Compare the current rules of engagement our troops have to put up with in Afghanistan - they are slightly more rigorous.

This won't be the last it time this happens, it's been reported that 30 plots have been foiled.

We have already had the London bombings, now this, seems the Muslim community are quick to come out of the traps and tell us all how this is not an true reflection On Islam, I'd like to see the Muslim community do a lot more to to combat these nutters.

A lot more like what, do you think they've got anymore idea who they are than you or I do?

This is more evidence that different religions cannot live peacefully side by side, how many more deaths will it take.

Of course they can, there are around 2 million Muslims in this country, 2 of them went on the rampage yesterday this is not a daily occurrence yet people are murdered everyday in our homes and on our streets for totally trivial reasons which arent connected to religion at all.

Archived