Woolwich 'serious incident' 22 May 2013

There isn't a country with an Islamic majority which hasn't descended into a cesspit of tyranny, corruption and violation of human rights.

Turkey.

It could be argued that it's not perfect, but neither is Italy. It's not like corruption is limited to Islam.

However, it should be noted - Islam is the root of the only theocracies left. The West got all enlightened and did away with it.

That article gives us food for thought doesn't it.

But look how shocked we are and how we react emotionally when we see images like the one we are discussing on our TV screens, yet people including children are witnessing horrific acts of violence and killings constantly in those conflicts in other parts of the world with images we don't see in the media.

its the scale of these things that get me, how many dead in the London bombing ? 56. and then this poor soldier.

now how many have died in syria ? 94k. then there is Afghanistan 31k then Libya 25k then Iraq 123k... thats 143 THOUSAND PEOPLE,

is it only now we know the real pain these people have suffered?..

we go mad saying how can this be happing in our streets?. because we have taken part in all of these other atrocities in other peoples street.

Its all wrong all deaths are simply unacceptable but come on are we really surprised this is happening??

:thumbsup:

repeat family planning= not accidental

You used the term 'accident':

They are only British by accident having been born in our Country.

That applies to every person on the planet. They have no control about the circumstances or country of their birth.

repeat family planning= not accidental

Do they not have access to family planning in Lambeth?

Come on, you said this guy is only British by accident of who he was born to. Regardless of planning by your parents, nobody has any say in where or to whom they are born. Everyone's arrival on the planet is random.

Turkey.

It could be argued that it's not perfect, but neither is Italy. It's not like corruption is limited to Islam.

However, it should be noted - Islam is the root of the only theocracies left. The West got all enlightened and did away with it.

Perhaps you should google torture in Turkey, human rights in Turkey etc before you come up with such a stupid comparison. But thanks for confirming my point. If Turkey is the best example you can come up with you have totally failed. Thanks again.

Perhaps you should google torture in Turkey, human rights in Turkey etc before you come up with such a stupid comparison. But thanks for confirming my point. If Turkey is the best example you can come up with you have totally failed. Thanks again.

While Turkey doesn't have a spotless record (which country does?), I don't think you can describe it as having "descended into a cesspit of tyranny, corruption and violation of human rights".

its the scale of these things that get me, how many dead in the London bombing ? 56. and then this poor soldier.

now how many have died in syria ? 94k. then there is Afghanistan 31k then Libya 25k then Iraq 123k... thats 143 THOUSAND PEOPLE,

is it only now we know the real pain these people have suffered?..

we go mad saying how can this be happing in our streets?. because we have taken part in all of these other atrocities in other peoples street.

Its all wrong all deaths are simply unacceptable but come on are we really surprised this is happening??

Before and after any western involvement Muslims are quite happily killing each other. We aren't doing much in Syria (80k and counting) and they arent looking like they are going to stop soon. I'm happy for them to carry on without us and we can't get out of Afghanistan quick enough.

Screw 'em. They want us out, we should go.

Perhaps you should google torture in Turkey, human rights in Turkey etc before you come up with such a stupid comparison.

I specifically said that it wasn't perfect. As to how I failed when I've not refuted your point - *shrugs*.

I'm glad you're here protecting our human rights though. Keep up the good work.

That article gives us food for thought doesn't it.

But look how shocked we are and how we react emotionally when we see images like the one we are discussing on our TV screens, yet people including children are witnessing horrific acts of violence and killings constantly in those conflicts in other parts of the world with images we don't see in the media.

As does this one and it must be a first for me agreeing with a Spiked article! These men are getting the publicity they crave, they have furthered their 'cause' and created even more cultural tensions. http://www.spiked-online.com/site/printable/13642

Archived