Woolwich 'serious incident' 22 May 2013

Dosxuk - I wouldn't have a problem visiting a country where immigration/runners are a problem, and co-operating with that country to make sure I returned to the country I came from on the date agreed.

So next time you're buying some bread in the shop next door to your hotel in the costa's, you don't see anything wrong with being arrested and deported because you left your passport in your room by accident? Or not being able to take off an ankle tag to go swimming?

Actually, do you not think the lack of ID card arrest might be a problem for you/your family going about your daily lives in this country?

Quote me on the parts you disagree with.

ID cards where a possibility a few years ago, we need to know who is in the country and what they are doing.

The wrist bands/tracking are strong, but immigrants have proved time after time they cannot be trusted on returning home on agreed dates.

We need to be stronger when it comes to known terrorist suspects.

I do not mind people coming to the uk, but they need to bring something.

I feel a higher tax rate wouldn't put people off who want to come here and WORK, it would also put something back into the system.

Listen sister, I'z Django unchained ;)

:hihi: - not sure where I fit in.:confused: All for chaining to railings and all that, but do I get half a tag? I mean, I was born here but my mother wasn't. Must keep an eye on the royals too, descendants of pesky foreigners.

Devil and deep blue sea, AG.

With the luxury of hindsight, and in view of the human cost in disposing of each of them and their respective regimes over the past few years, are you saying there was a better case for keeping Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi et al in place, rather than wading in there to try and "democratize" the places?

I'll see Chris' Turkey (which was, and remains, a very good example) and raise you Morocco.

Nicely off the 'revolution' radar and quiet for decades and more. A parliamentary monarchy, wherein the king is both the secular political leader and the "Commander of the Faithful" as a direct descendant of the Prophet Mohammed.

Tunisia is also proving quite well-behaved after its recent revolution, hearing plenty of good things about how the new incumbents are both implementing truly-progressive reforms and dealing with the salafists.

What say you, Anna?

Well yes. A great example unless you are an 8 year old girl forced into domestic service, or live in the southern Sahara region. I note a journalist was jailed in recent years in Morocco for actually mentioning the dispute. But other than that and the fact you are not allowed to drop out of being a Muslim it would seem a haven of human rights unless you are comparing to a civilized country like Albania.

http://jonathanturley.org/2013/04/26/morocco-high-council-issues-fatwa-to-kill-those-who-renounce-islam/

Morocco High Council Issues Fatwa To Kill Those Who Renounce Islam

Published 1, April 26, 2013 Constitutional Law , Criminal law , International , Politics , Religion , Society 56 Comments

The two most serious threats to religious critics remain blasphemy laws and apostasy laws in Muslim nations, which deny citizens the right to free speech and association on matters of religion. Apostasy is particularly lethal since Muslims in many countries follow what they believe to be the need to kill anyone who renounces Islam. Morocco’s Higher Council of Religious Scholars (CSO) has this week taken a step back in time with a fatwa demanding the death penalty for Muslims who renounce their faith.

You might want to check this out too..

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/moroccowestern-sahara-investigate-alleged-torture-six-detained-sahrawis-2013-05-16

Morocco/Western Sahara: Investigate alleged torture of six detained Sahrawis

The Moroccan authorities must immediately launch a full, independent and impartial investigation into allegations that six Sahrawi activists – including a child – were tortured in police custody in Western Sahara, Amnesty International said.

On 15 May, 17-year old El Hussein Bah was jailed in Laayoune, Western Sahara, in spite of a previous decision to release him on bail. He and five other Sahrawis had been arrested on 9 May after protesting for the self-determination of Western Sahara.

Do you want to raise me a stoning a forced marriage or a beheading?

Oh sorry. I nearly forgot you mentioned Tunisia.

http://www.tunisia-live.net/2013/05/17/extremist-violence-a-growing-concern-in-tunisia/

As militants confront security forces near the Algerian border and tensions rise between the government and conservative religious organizations, the threat of extremist violence is a growing concern in post-revolutionary Tunisia.

Violent confrontations in western Tunisia between state security forces and militants with alleged al-Qaeda ties have dominated the headlines in recent weeks. Over 15 soldiers have been injured by explosions of land mines planted on Chambi Mountain in Kasserine, and tens of suspects have been arrested for direct or indirect involvement in the actions of the militant group. Government policymakers, such as the Minister of the Interior and the leader of the ruling Islamist Ennahdha party, have condemned violence on several occasions.

Other recent incidents have increased tensions between the state and conservative religious organizations, adding to concerns about extremist violence. Last weekend, tear gas was used to disperse crowds gathered around tents to hear conservative Islamic groups proselytizing in northwest Tunisia. Now, as the Ministry of Interior threatened to ban all meetings held in public spaces without legal permission, the Salafist organization Ansar al-Sharia is defying the state and its “army of tyranny” by vowing to hold their third annual congress on Sunday in Kairouan without asking for a permit.

I have read the Koran and the bible and both of them are very clear in the killing of non believers in fact it could be the same book but a different God and that is why ALL religion should be banned.

The teaching of all religions should be banned from all schools etc.

These fairy stories have caused nothing but pain and suffering for over two thousand years.

Quote me on the parts you disagree with.

ID cards where a possibility a few years ago, we need to know who is in the country and what they are doing.

The wrist bands/tracking are strong, but immigrants have proved time after time they cannot be trusted on returning home on agreed dates.

We need to be stronger when it comes to known terrorist suspects.

I do not mind people coming to the uk, but they need to bring something.

I feel a higher tax rate wouldn't put people off who want to come here and WORK, it would also put something back into the system.

Why not just track everyone and have everyone implanted with a microchip? The 7/7 bombings were committed by British men. If news reports are correct, one of the men involved in this slaying was also born here. How many immigrants have committed acts of atrocity on British soil? As for paying a higher tax rate - totally discriminatory. They would already be putting something back by paying the same tax as everyone else in their income bracket as well as contributing to the economy.

Archived