Woolwich 'serious incident' 22 May 2013

If you're after casualty figures and acts of barbarism, then the Christian church doesn't need the Westbro Baptists, it stands on it's own feet. There's been many more people killed in the name of the Christian God over the last two millennia than there has been in the name of Allah. However, both religions have a vast majority of supporters who use it as a basis for good, love and peace.

I do find it amusing yet sad that people are willing to overlook the actions of a few Christians doing things in the name of their God as nutters with no right to claim to be Christian, but if someone says they're doing it in the name of Islam then it means the whole religion and all it's supporters are dangerous half-humans out to kill us all.

Thats right over the last two millennia,I dont hear of people chopping others up on our streets these days shouting ..for the Love of Jesus Christ and his holy father...do you ?

RIP Lee Rigby, a Soldier, Son and Father.

Life was far too short for this young man, but his family should be proud. Good night and god bless x

Hear! Hear! I think he must have been in the Royal Artillery. I spent three months at the Woolwich barracks waiting posting overseas

My mrs who is English has just told me that she was in Meadowhall with a muslim hijab wearing friend this afternoon and she heard a guy saying quite loudly as she went past to his mate that all muslims regardless of wether they were born here should be sent back.

My mrs as she walked past him told him that her children were muslim and that people like him were just as bad as the extremists and to go get a life.

Is this the kind of crap that is now going to be happening?

All the times I have ever had racist abuse directed at me has been from white people but I don't go around thinking all white people are racist.

All this kind of behaviour does is divide people when we should all stick together and not let the extremists win.

As an example if muslim extremists ever got in power in Britain (highly unlikely) than I can tell you that they would even say to me that if I didn't grow a beard I would go to jail even though I am a muslim.

Extremists always take things to the extreme and just because they say they are doing it in the name of Islam people need to realise that they don't represent all muslims.

Yes there are some muslims about with extreme views just like their are non muslims about with far right views but please lets not forget that the actions of a few do not represent the wishes or views of the majority.

Sadly, this will happen. It shouldn't happen but when people are angry or scared (and a bit dim) they will lash out. The guy from the Muslim council of gb touched on similar incidents happening in Manchester and Liverpool but seemed to think it wasn't going to last long and didnt make a big deal of it (neither are you i hasten to add) and god willing it won't. I hope it won't happen the next time she goes to meadowhall (just going to meadowhall at all is bad enough!!).

Why have they just carved a off duty young soldier up on a public street,

According to one of the suspects, it was in protest about Muslims being killed by the British army overseas.

have they blown any buses up,

Yes.

have they demolished a couple of skyscrapers with aeroplanes

Yep.

have they posted videos of themselves decapitating helpless bound civilians

I'm afraid so.

do they seek world domination for their religion,

A few extremists probably do.

are they active in this country

In small numbers.

and worldwide

Worldwide is an exaggeration. In a number of places.

can you answer yes to any of the questions ?

See above. You seem to be generalising from a small number of the group to the whole group again.

What I am heartily sick of is hearing about people who have been welcomed and tolerated by this country - biting the hand that has fed them.

What Im heartily sick of is seeing diatribe like this.

At least one of the suspects was born here, to a Christian family.

There's no indication this country needed to feed or 'tolerate' them.

According to one of the suspects, it was in protest about Muslims being killed by the British army overseas.

Yes.

Yep.

I'm afraid so.

A few extremists probably do.

In small numbers.

Worldwide is an exaggeration. In a number of places.

See above. You seem to be generalising from a small number of the group to the whole group again.

You didnt really understand the post did you ?go back and read it again in context to the post I replied to :thumbsup:

The "stupid ideas" you talk about probably came from the dark side of the internet.

It must be full of websites belonging to hate groups and it's quite obvious that there's no way to shut them down and even if there was it wouldnt be allowed

There's plenty of ways of restricting access to such site, or monitoring who's using them. However, I doubt very much that simple access to a website would radicalise someone to the extent of wanting to become a martyr. Others must be involved, even if it's just discussing the ideas they've found on the dark side of the internet. These people need to be found and talked to.

I wish people would stop using historic Christian actions to somehow compare to what happened yesterday.

id also like to add, when he is sent to prison he will still be able to practice Islam as it would breach his human rights if he was not allowed, he will also get access halal meat and 1 hours exercise each day.

3 square meals a day, a bed for the night, no bills or stress of a working life, its enough to put anybody off.

**I am confident that a lot more people will die in this country by the hands of non-islamic nutters before the next islamic nutter kills someone.**

I am absolutely certain that you are right... and well said.

Sadly, this will happen. It shouldn't happen but when people are angry or scared (and a bit dim) they will lash out. The guy from the Muslim council of gb touched on similar incidents happening in Manchester and Liverpool but seemed to think it wasn't going to last long and didnt make a big deal of it (neither are you i hasten to add) and god willing it won't. I hope it won't happen the next time she goes to meadowhall (just going to meadowhall at all is bad enough!!).

So they lash out at a woman who they think represents extremist killers. How insightful, not to mention brave.

Archived