Woolwich 'serious incident' 22 May 2013

Mr Fisk, not at all, I do not support the death penalty.

I do not oppose Islam as a whole, I do oppose people using the religion to cause harm to innocent people, which is what is happening.

I suppose the question is are these terrorist just using Islamic beliefs to cover up the evil actions, which I don't believe they are.

Quite a few on here trying to justify doing exactly that. Facebook, Twitter and the wider world are full of it.

Then they are spreading hatred to the fools that listen to them.

Nothing good will be gained by marginalising Muslims, they are only encouraging radicalism to flourish.

He had two large knives. Guess he wasn't too bothered about obeying the law. Didn't those two maniacs also have a gun?

I also read this morning that members of the military have been advised not to wear their uniforms in public since this incident. Is this true?[/QUOTE]

If that's true then it's a crying shame. Since when do solldiers have to hide their identities in the country of their citizenship?

The Uk isnt the same country I once lived

I'm sorry to say that Islam is not compatible with a free western society. It belongs in the dark ages. All religion, in my opinions, should be consigned to the bin labelled "nut case ideas"...

If there is a God, then he is as far removed from Islam as possible, the religion is closer to satanic than anything ... There seems to be no benefits, only negatives..

I suggest that if people want to worship some sky pixy, they do it in their own homes and away from the general public.

I think (no not hope before someone says so) that this is the turning point... A colleague of mine who spends countless days raising funds for the British Legion has today received an email from them suggesting he doesn't wear anything in public advertising this...

Bring on the revolution....

I'm sorry to say that Islam is not compatible with a free western society. It belongs in the dark ages. All religion, in my opinions, should be consigned to the bin labelled "nut case ideas"...

If there is a God, then he is as far removed from Islam as possible, the religion is closer to satanic than anything ... There seems to be no benefits, only negatives..

I suggest that if people want to worship some sky pixy, they do it in their own homes and away from the general public.

I think (no not hope before someone says so) that this is the turning point... A colleague of mine who spends countless days raising funds for the British Legion has today received an email from them suggesting he doesn't wear anything in public advertising this...

Bring on the revolution....

Don't you see the hypocrisy in proposing your own creed over another?

He had two large knives. Guess he wasn't too bothered about obeying the law. Didn't those two maniacs also have a gun?

I also read this morning that members of the military have been advised not to wear their uniforms in public since this incident. Is this true?[/QUOTE]

If that's true then it's a crying shame. Since when do solldiers have to hide their identities in the country of their citizenship?

when the ira were active it was standard practice

Asghar bukahri

He make some valid points, very true with how he says the Muslim community and the PM come out all guns blazing condemning the actions but don't really put anything into place to stop it.

Sadly this will all be forgotten in 6 months, until next time it happens.

Also the problem lies with how we use modern technology, people can do things like this and preach there beliefs knowing that millions will end up watching it in a matter of minutes on Facebook, twitter, YouTube.

How many people have camera phones & twitter accounts, fb accounts.

I afraid to say it won't be the last time we see this

I think that's what's being advised. I think it was also advised when we were kicking off with the IRA back in the 80s. I'm quite prepared to be proved wrong !

Archived