Woolwich 'serious incident' 22 May 2013

Simple shoot first - endex!

Every other country does, its only in the UK where we may abuse someones human rights if we do despite the fact they've just murdered someone in cold blood - its an utter disgrace this country. I have to say I'm ashamed. All these human rights lawyers and politicians lets put them on the front line maybe then they'll wake up to reality but then again you can't educate Pork can you?!

You worry me. :|

Iran-sponsored, was it not? And Iran/US goes back to well before 1993.

AFAIR it was organised by the early days of Al-Qaeda, who were still based in Afgan at the time, and were on the receiving end of the US aid to go after Iran. Back then the policies seemed to be to get the locals to do our dirty work than go in ourselves - it's only when those locals started using our training and weapons against us that that policy changed.

Never heard of Ramzi Yousef?

Before 9/11 we weren't occupying any of the countries now involved, and we weren't directly at war with them. We did like to give them weapons and training though so they could sort out their internal affairs to an end which pleased us (and them).

I would like to see you pin David Copeland's actions on foreign policy, wars or occupation.

USA has bases across the world , and has been at war with some one or another since day one ( starting with us )

I don't know Mr yousef - wat happened in 1993?

In Iran Iraq war we gave lots of weapons to Saddam

We give weapons and money to Israel

We give lots to Saudi Arabia ( were agressive Islam stems )

Suported funded Mubarak of egypt ( that's 40 years there ain't it ?)

Forign policy number one cause of problems , that's hands down ;

Sam - blaming religion is silly, but this is what hits you first when you look at yesterday's incident. The information is streaming down through Islam, we need to look at Islam and see how it's policed and if needs be, try and monitor what is going on.

I don't agree with certain wars, but that's which way the government has chose.

Dosxuk - we will just have to wait and see, though I doubt the true numbers will ever be made public, my point was we can all copy and paste links from google.

You can't police Islam. Surely you mean Islamism?

when the ira were active it was standard practice

I didn't know this.

That's been standard practice for many years. If you're working in London, for example, you wear civilian clothes to work. If you have to travel on public transport, you are expected to travel in Civilian Clothes unless absolutely necessary.

You don't walk around in Public Places in Uniform after work, either.

When we lived in Alameda and before the Naval Air Station was decomissioned, it was common to see sailors in uniform around town, in stores, restaurants, etc. When my father was in the navy, he didn't wear his uniform in public too much because I think my mother didn't like it, but I remember seeing him in it now and again.

Same thing when I briefly lived in San Diego. Sailors in uniform everywhere. Especially Friday and Saturday nights. I used to wonder if they had any other clothes. :confused:

Where we live now, I occasionally see a marine or two in uniform in public, but not often. When my son was a toddler, he loved the "jolly green giants" flying overhead on their way from Castle AFB in Merced to Alameda.

Originally Posted by Anna Glypta

There isn't a country with an Islamic majority which hasn't descended into a cesspit of tyranny, corruption and violation of human rights.

No but its getting that way. In case you haven't noticed in another 50 years its looking like this country will be largely Islamic as they don't do condoms instead they mass produce as many children as possible...its like a bloody production line plus they can marry their first cousins which is in effect inbreeding and incest yet its legal?!?!?! no wonder so many children are born with genetic disabilities

Though it was way before my time I have to admit Enoch Powell was right!

Please can you explain why do we fund these "cesspits "? Why prop up the dictaors ?

Don't say oil as USA has lots of it ,

Have you been too Kuala Lumpur ? Cesspit is it ?

I don't know Mr yousef - wat happened in 1993?

For someone who purports to know a lot about terrorism and foreign policies there seems to be some gaping holes in your knowledge.

You worry me. :|

Why?

Have you read your own rantings?

AFAIR it was organised by the early days of Al-Qaeda, who were still based in Afgan at the time <...>.
And Pakistan, where Yousef was 'protected' at the time, by the look of things. The WTC job reportedly brought Yousef to Bin Laden's attention after the fact.

See here (History Commons -beware, BIG page- goldmine of documented info).

For someone who purports to know a lot about terrorism and foreign policies there seems to be some gaping holes in your knowledge.

Have you read your own rantings?

Let me know when you can tell me what happened in 1993

Thought I heard him say our soldiers are killing people in their land,I thought they were British,Utter cowards who had to run the soldier down before attacking his body on the floor,I'd get them fit again and shove them in the barracks with the soldiers regiment.

I noticed that, too. Pure cowardice. It's not bad enough that it was two on one, they had to run him over with a car first.

Perhaps they were afraid he might be armed?

Archived