ATOS assessments ruled unfair and discriminatory

The disabled, and the gays are the only minorities left, that people still feel its okay to pick on. Atos need to pay for the grief they cause to the families of the disabled.

How a decission is made,

the HCP provides all the information to the decission maker, who is only basing their decission on what the HCP has provided. A clever system, which makes no one liable.

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 11:49 ----------

there is a Chesterfield man who was having a medical, an ambulance was called mid way through the medical. he was still found fit for work. his story will be on look north tonight.

The disabled, and the gays are the only minorities left, that people still feel its okay to pick on. Atos need to pay for the grief they cause to the families of the disabled.

How a decission is made,

the HCP provides all the information to the decission maker, who is only basing their decission on what the HCP has provided. A clever system, which makes no one liable.

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 11:49 ----------

there is a Chesterfield man who was having a medical, an ambulance was called mid way through the medical. he was still found fit for work. his story will be on look north tonight.

Johnny, I saw him at lunch time, heart problems, collapsed spine, can't walk for was on verge of collapse & ATOS assessor said "I'm going to stop this interview" you need an ambulance.

Yet he gets a letter saying he is fit for work, this system must not be allowed to continue.

[/b]

Johnny, I saw him at lunch time, heart problems, collapsed spine, can't walk for was on verge of collapse & ATOS assessor said "I'm going to stop this interview" you need an ambulance.

Yet he gets a letter saying he is fit for work, this system must not be allowed to continue.

well said, but how do we stop them. bad publicity does them no harm. maybe if everyone refused to do the medical, and went straight to tribunal, government would have to listen. if you complain, they say its because you lost your benefit, maybe a barricade, stopping anyone going inside their office.

well said, but how do we stop them. bad publicity does them no harm.

That one I don't know fella, I was medically retired from work by ATOS and have been told that initially exempt from attending due to my health. I know that I'll have to at some point but I will request a home visit (cannot refuse), if they find me fit for work I'd be dumbfounded let alone the ones they do.

The bloke and his wife on TV were absolutely heartbroken it makes you wonder, just what has to be wrong with you not to be fit for work. The wife also said she was told that they'd be okay, then get told he's fit for work that is a real kick in the teeth I feel for them and others in the same boat.

It's about time people came to realise that it's bad enough having to quit work through ill health, and being told that nothing else can be done for you; and that it's just the medication keeping you going.

to be honest, people forget its a war. atos are there to try and do everything to take your benefits off you, and its your job to prove that you are entitled to every penny. people think they have to prove your disabled, but that isn't what atos is about, its about whether or not you can work. i made it hard for them, no phone number, asked for a home visit, interview to be recorded, and an English speaking doctor to assess me. they just put me in support group, without having a medical. i won my battle, against them, and hopefully people will take some tips from this, and maybe keep their benefits.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, ATOS assessments have NOTHING to do with whether you're actually fit for work. It's a cost-cutting exercise. Declare all the disabled fit for work so that they have to start claiming JSA which is cheaper for the coffers than paying disability benefits.

It's the sole reason why the government won't act against every single piece of evidence of mistreatment and misdiagnosis by ATOS. They're complicit in the entire endeavor and won't commission an investigation as it'll show this.

There have been multiple covert investigations by various groups, multiple whistle-blowers coming from ATOS themselves.

You all need to write, en mass to your MP and DEMAND an answer as to why.

to be honest, people forget its a war. atos are there to try and do everything to take your benefits off you, and its your job to prove that you are entitled to every penny. people think they have to prove your disabled, but that isn't what atos is about, its about whether or not you can work. i made it hard for them, no phone number, asked for a home visit, interview to be recorded, and an English speaking doctor to assess me. they just put me in support group, without having a medical. i won my battle, against them, and hopefully people will take some tips from this, and maybe keep their benefits.

Good on you, I've been told I've been put in the Support Group, but that is reviewed every now and then. I just find it so heartening to know what time I do have left, I will probably be spending it proving my total inability to work, as others have to.:loopy:

Good on you, I've been told I've been put in the Support Group, but that is reviewed every now and then. I just find it so heartening to know what time I do have left, I will probably be spending it proving my total inability to work, as others have to.:loopy:

What does being in the Support Group mean?? eg: what does that entail?

support group, basically means that you have nothinhg to worry about, until you get called in for another medical.

below this is work related activity group, you have to attend some meetings, around 6 and they see what they can do to help get you into work.

then there's being found fit for work, which means, you have to apply for job seekers. however if you appeal, and hand sick notes in, you will only get the same amount as on job seekers, around £71 a week, and have to wait at least a year for a tribunal. This is a basic view of the possible outcomes.

SUPPORT = Best result

WRAG = Not too bad.

Fit for Work = Worst outcome.

Archived