Should the UK have armed cops/troops on our streets full-time?

No, absolutely not.

Firstly there's no need. Secondly, routinely arming the police would inevitably lead to more people dying and thirdly, it sends out the wrong message.

I think it would actually send out the right message. The parties over, time to get serious.

I fear that what happened in Woolwich is the real beginning of the end of our integrated society.

It seems to me that Islam cannot exist in a society where it is not the dominant force.

I predict that there will be further outrages soon, I further predict that there will be a reaction from the majority. Enoch Powell may well have got his dates a bit awry but the substance of what he said is coming true.

May I suggest that before replying in the normal vituperative and insulting manner you wait until the end of the summer then you can tell me if I am wrong.

I fear that what happened in Woolwich is the real beginning of the end of our integrated society.

It seems to me that Islam cannot exist in a society where it is not the dominant force.

I predict that there will be further outrages soon, I further predict that there will be a reaction from the majority. Enoch Powell may well have got his dates a bit awry but the substance of what he said is coming true.

So two oiks murdering a defenceless man in London represents Islam reacting to not being a 'dominant force'? There are 2 million Muslims in this country and we don't hear a peep from 1.99 million of them, it doesn't represent any breakdown in 'integrated society' that I know of.

May I suggest that before replying in the normal vituperative and insulting manner you wait until the end of the summer then you can tell me if I am wrong.

Why, is there a European football tournament on?

He knew they were police, he knew they wanted him, he ran.

You still believe that to be true, even after the Police eventually admitted they gave no warning, there was no backpack with wires sticking out, he didn't wearing a huge overcoat, nor did he jump the barriers?

You're either lying or grossly misinformed.

---------- Post added 24-05-2013 at 15:38 ----------

I think London needs more armed police. The rest of the country not so much. I think arming all police officers would be an overreaction.

Yes I agree.

I'm also in favour of permanent SAM installations on tower blocks, just like we had during the Olympics.

I thought they were marvellous :)

armed troops should be used to round up all these radicals who favour sharia law and let our allies in saudi arabia deal with them....

our mps and judges are too soft...let the saudies have them...save loads of money....

then let us and the peaceful muslims live together...then no need for edl and the likes....

spout crap in the streets...like bakri and hamza...and its off to arabia...

just think how many nurses and teachers we can employ with money saved on deporting these scumbags....just throw them in a container marked saudi arabia...simple

In the light of yesterday's events, I think there is certainly an arguement for allowing troops to carry side arms at all times.

no there isnt,as above,what difference wwould it have made? None is the answer.You could give them all 20 guns but the guy would still be body parts

---------- Post added 24-05-2013 at 18:39 ----------

So which new law will be passed now ?

More of our freedoms eroded away ?

People are gullible

At least someone here is inteligent.

I suggest you read 1984 by George Orwell , descrbing a future police state for the UK

Some aspects people like you are already calling for ,...

As for Your comment about allowing service personal to carry guns

Here is a list of other nations that do the same

Iraq

China

North Korea

Were do we fit in ?

---------- Post added 24-05-2013 at 19:07 ----------

armed troops should be used to round up all these radicals who favour sharia law and let our allies in saudi arabia deal with them....

our mps and judges are too soft...let the saudies have them...save loads of money....

then let us and the peaceful muslims live together...then no need for edl and the likes....

spout crap in the streets...like bakri and hamza...and its off to arabia...

just think how many nurses and teachers we can employ with money saved on deporting these scumbags....just throw them in a container marked saudi arabia...simple

Saudi is the number one hot spot for salafi extremists idiology .

Do u find it normal or strange we are best allies with Saudi ?

As for rounding up, shall we make them wear special badges as well ?

In the light of yesterday's events, I think there is certainly an arguement for allowing troops to carry side arms at all times.

Would you like to sit down next to an armed squaddie if he had just returned from Afganistan?

Archived