Cleaning Bath Tubs

I have that problem Bedrock. In my case I believe the problem arose from not cleaning the bath after each time I used it. Now I can`t get the tide marks off. Tried all sorts including bleach.

What is yours stained with?

Bath is white but stains are tide marks and the usual dried on stains after years of use.

I have tried bleach but it never works, I need to leave something to set over night, is there a way to remove the top coat and start fresh?

I could use washing up powder with white vinegar but am not sure that will do anything.

I always have showers though so everything drops in the bath including shampoos and shower gels, stuff in the grouts the usual problems.

Fibreglass Gelcoat is very resistant to acids, but doesn't do too well with Alkalis. Bleach is not a good idea!

If the surface isn't too badly damaged, you may be able to restore it using a proprietary marine fibreglass restoring compound ... and a lot of effort.

Archived