Cleaning Bath Tubs

Try "Silky".........used for cleaning caravans.

It is less abrasive than "Tcut".

I've never tried it on the bath...but can't see it doing any harm.

It's not only good for caravans..it brings UPVC window frames up like new.

Bath is white but stains are tide marks and the usual dried on stains after years of use.

I have tried bleach but it never works, I need to leave something to set over night, is there a way to remove the top coat and start fresh?

I could use washing up powder with white vinegar but am not sure that will do anything.

I always have showers though so everything drops in the bath including shampoos and shower gels, stuff in the grouts the usual problems.

You don't sound to be a very hygienic person, its your own fault if the bath is heavily stained with tide marks, you should clean it after its been used !

The tide marks which have been on years - by the sound of it I would try shot blasting the bath.

On a similar subject, how can I remove black mould marks from the grout and silicon on the tiles around my bath? I've tried bathroom cleaner, special mould and mildew remover and bicarb and elbow grease but nothing really worked :(

You want some of this -

http://byretech.com/acatalog/copy_of_Acryl-Star-Scratch-Removal-Cream.html

Maybe in future try looking after it a bit better ;) The ideal thing to wash out a tub is one of those body scrub thingies on a string from any chemist, foamed up with just a standard bar of soap.

And this could sort your yeuchy grouting - http://byretech.com/acatalog/Mould_Remover_For_Bathrooms_1_Litre.html

---------- Post added 24-05-2013 at 11:44 ----------

Ps - I got some stuff from this company when I did some work in my bathroom a few years back and their customer service was excellent.

On a similar subject, how can I remove black mould marks from the grout and silicon on the tiles around my bath? I've tried bathroom cleaner, special mould and mildew remover and bicarb and elbow grease but nothing really worked :(

Aren't those fancy steam cleaners ideal for that.

I've used a strong bleach solution with good results. Soak it and leave it if you can and with a second soak the black has come away relatively easy with a coarse sponge.

I find bleach to be an underrated product in the light of the new breed of cleaners but I like it and it's all I use in the bathroom now :D

All this praise and I don't get paid.

............I seem to remember Kim Woodburn (one part of the cleaning ladies) using soap powder to clean a filthy bath. Think she left it for a good while and then washed it off. Anyone else remember?

I vaguely remember this, I think it may have been Biotex which works for most things.

I had exact same thing in my bath tub, and i literally tried everything to get rid of it but just couldn't. The most effective way i tried was bicarbonate of soda and vinegar, but i think this damaged the surface as the marks came back within a couple of weeks, i ended up just order a bath off this site, there based here in Sheffield.

You'll find it hard getting those marks off your bath, and in the end i just gave up and ordered a new one (My bath had been in place almost 12 years so i was ready for a new one anyway!)

I always use really cheap cream cleaner and elbow grease...not sure what's in it but it has a slightly grainy texture and it's way more effective than the expensive cleaners at removing tide-marks. Plus it doesn't have an overpowering smell like bleach.

Morrisons used to sell it for about 25p!

Like the others have said, bicarb/baking soda is also a great little multi-tasker for cleaning jobs.

Archived