Cleaning Bath Tubs

Sorry GoGo but the last thing you want to use on an acrylic bath is any cleaning agent with a grainy texture. continued use over time will probably result in a dulling of the bath surface.

If you look at any manufacturers' care instructions they say just warm soapy water is all that is required.

On a similar subject, how can I remove black mould marks from the grout and silicon on the tiles around my bath? I've tried bathroom cleaner, special mould and mildew remover and bicarb and elbow grease but nothing really worked :(

Try a toothbrush and a bicarb whitening toothpaste.

............I seem to remember Kim Woodburn (one part of the cleaning ladies) using soap powder to clean a filthy bath. Think she left it for a good while and then washed it off. Anyone else remember?

I used to like How Clean is Your House, they always used cheap old-fashioned products, mostly stuff everyone has around their house anyway.

Washing powder is also good for cleaning a greasy oven grill pan if you haven't perhaps cleaned it as often as you should have :suspect: Just sprinkle a little on and add a tiny bit of water and leave to work for a while before washing, the grease comes off easily :)

You don't sound to be a very hygienic person, its your own fault if the bath is heavily stained with tide marks, you should clean it after its been used !

The tide marks which have been on years - by the sound of it I would try shot blasting the bath.

How is this post going to help Bedrock:huh: Not helpful at all is it. He suffers with depression. I`m guessing you don`t know what that feels like.

On a similar subject, how can I remove black mould marks from the grout and silicon on the tiles around my bath? I've tried bathroom cleaner, special mould and mildew remover and bicarb and elbow grease but nothing really worked :(

I would scrape it out,and do it again.:)Proberly easier in the long run.

I would scrape it out,and do it again.:)Proberly easier in the long run.

I was thinking that, the silicone is the worst bit, its kind of embedded in it :(

Its a rented apartment, I'll do it at some point before I leave so I don't lose part of my deposit. That and clean the carpet (must remember never to buy cream carpets :hihi: ).

Archived