Thanks for the warning.

To the two blokes driving towards me today who flashed to let me know of the speed trap further up the road.

I was fine, travelling under the limit but the bloke behind me had to slow down pretty sharpish.

Its a shame the police saw your act of kindness and decided to speed off and chase you down.

Hope they didnt catch either of you. Although i suspect the way they pulled out of their little hide away into oncoming traffic forcing it to stop and at the speed they were travelling (over 60 at a guess) im sure they had a good chance.

Thanks again lads.

It was a nice gesture :)

Surely to goodness they can't do anything to him. There isn't a law against flashing your headlights. I always warn people in the same way. I'd just say "The driver had his coat hanging out the car door, I was just trying to tell him" they can't do owt about that.

I hope your right.

It would be ironic if they did him for a driving offence when you take into account the polices own driving.

Pulled into oncoming traffic, no indicators, no blues, no twos forcing people to stop sharply and then hammering it up the road at well over the speed limit.

I don't flash speeding motorists to warn them of speed traps.

If you're breaking the speed limit, then you're breaking the law. If they end up with points on their licence, they have nobody to blame but themselves... (despite the fact they'll blame everybody but themselves)

Police argue in such cases that those responsible are obstructing them in their duty while officers involved in the campaign insisted those caught were risking lives.

The bold bit interests me.

The bloke flashing his lights caused drivers to slow down.

The police car that chased him almost caused a pile up.

The bold bit interests me.

The bloke flashing his lights caused drivers to slow down.

The police car that chased him almost caused a pile up.

You mean similar to the guy behind you who had to brake sharpish,which is also ALMOST a pile up.

You mean similar to the guy behind you who had to brake sharpish,which is also ALMOST a pile up.

No, nothing like the same.

The bloke behind me (and he was a good distance behind me) was doing about 10mph over the limit but no cars close behind him.

When the police pulled out onto the road the caused traffic in both directions to stop.

They even got a blast on a horn and a "effing idiot" from a van driver.

No, nothing like the same.

The bloke behind me was doing about 10mph over the limit but no cars close behind him.

So you were:

travelling under the limit
30mph, yet you had a car behind you at 40mph? He'd have had to brake to avoid hitting you, police or not.

Your story has more holes in it than a Sheffield street.

Archived