Thanks for the warning.

So you were:

30mph, yet you had a car behind you at 40mph? He'd have had to brake to avoid hitting you, police or not.

Your story has more holes in it than a Sheffield street.

Really Miss Marple?

Who said i was doing 30?

The road isnt even a 30 :)

Its a very long road, you can see for a long way and when i joined it, about half way down the hill i could see him at the top.

He was going faster than me, he started to catch up then we were warned about the speed trap.

Simple enough for you to follow?

---------- Post added 24-05-2013 at 09:36 ----------

What I find curious is how do the camera police see the offending headlights?

He was roughly parallel with them when he flashed.

---------- Post added 24-05-2013 at 09:37 ----------

if you were "fine, travelling under the limit"

but the bloke behind was "doing about 10mph over the limit"

wouldn't he have had to slow down pretty soon anyway?

Yes he would. I was about 200yrds away from a set of traffic lights so we would have both had to stop.

---------- Post added 24-05-2013 at 09:38 ----------

... or do they have 'Flasher Spotters' as well?

Now your being a bit paranoid.

They dont seriously have spotters do they?

Is it like a separate car parked nearby or someone stood by the road?

I don't flash speeding motorists to warn them of speed traps.

If you're breaking the speed limit, then you're breaking the law. If they end up with points on their licence, they have nobody to blame but themselves... (despite the fact they'll blame everybody but themselves)

Spot on I wouldn't either

I don't flash speeding motorists to warn them of speed traps.

If you're breaking the speed limit, then you're breaking the law. If they end up with points on their licence, they have nobody to blame but themselves... (despite the fact they'll blame everybody but themselves)

Agree with this 100%.

You can be in trouble for flashing your fellow motorists, warning them of speed cameras.

I got nicked for speeding last year (34mph) and so I now drive to the speed limit regardless of the road conditions. Hard to know if I'm now more of a hazard as I now constantly have drivers driving in my boot and I'm forever being overtaken on A roads + plus I probably create lots of road rage.

In the past I'd drive to the conditions, ie, if I saw a straight A road/dual carrageway and no trafffic I'd put my foot down.

At end of day, if you can function without a driving licence then drive as fast as you like. If you lose your licence, then I guess you'll have to suffer the consequences. With a car I can travel from Dore to Lodge Moor in about 10 minutes, on Public Transports -perhaps 90 minutes? and thats if they'd allow me to take my equipment with me on the bus

I have always flashed and warned other motorists about speed scamera vans lurking up the road. Many motorists do this ,its an unwritten code between drivers looking out for each other . I will never stop doing this ,and every time i do it the motorists i flash always wave or flash back to say thanks. If by flashing other motorists means they slow down and dont get fleeced by the scamera vans ,then that means ive helped someone keep money in their pocket . I know over the years other drivers flashing me have saved me hundreds of pounds and probably saved me from a couple of driving bans . There is nowt wrong with motorists sticking together and helping other drivers to avoid being fleeced by the scamera vans.

To the two blokes driving towards me today who flashed to let me know of the speed trap further up the road.

I was fine, travelling under the limit but the bloke behind me had to slow down pretty sharpish.

Its a shame the police saw your act of kindness and decided to speed off and chase you down.

Hope they didnt catch either of you. Although i suspect the way they pulled out of their little hide away into oncoming traffic forcing it to stop and at the speed they were travelling (over 60 at a guess) im sure they had a good chance.

Thanks again lads.

It was a nice gesture :)

Cool Story Bro

Archived