Thanks for the warning.

I have always flashed and warned other motorists about speed scamera vans lurking up the road. Many motorists do this ,its an unwritten code between drivers looking out for each other . I will never stop doing this ,and every time i do it the motorists i flash always wave or flash back to say thanks. If by flashing other motorists means they slow down and dont get fleeced by the scamera vans ,then that means ive helped someone keep money in their pocket . I know over the years other drivers flashing me have saved me hundreds of pounds and probably saved me from a couple of driving bans . There is nowt wrong with motorists sticking together and helping other drivers to avoid being fleeced by the scamera vans.

Amen brother.

Are we talking brainwashing here, or sneakily changing the speed limit signs?

They don't make money from law abiding motorists; so they don't want you warning other motorists, and causing them to slow down. They want people to keep speeding, so they can be fined (otherwise they wouldn't take issue with people encouraging others to slow down).

It's not rocket science...

They don't make money from law abiding motorists; so they don't want you warning other motorists, and causing them to slow down. They want people to keep speeding, so they can be fined (otherwise they wouldn't take issue with people encouraging others to slow down).

It's not rocket science...

mmmm.....sounds a little fishy to me.

How's about not speeding, no money is made, police checks eventually stop?

Now that's not rocket science.

Quite a few years ago now when the AA had motorcycle patrolmen it was traditional for them to salute an oncoming vehicle if it had an AA badge displayed.

If the patrolman did not salute, there was a speed trap ahead.

Don't see any problem warning an oncoming driver. After all,the police claim that their speed traps are purely for safety reasons, nothing whatsoever to do with revenue collection.

Therefore, you are actually assisting them in their efforts to persuade drivers to slow down aren't you?

How's about not speeding, no money is made, police checks eventually stop?

Yes, I totally agree; by far the greater issue is driving in a safe manner and not endangering other road users.

I just find it odd that the police would object to you warning other motorists of speed cameras; thereby causing them to slow down. Especially when they say they want people to drive within the speed-limit etc. How can they object, when you encourage other motorists to do just that?

Yes, I totally agree; by far the greater issue is driving in a safe manner and not endangering other road users.

I just find it odd that the police would object to you warning other motorists of speed cameras; thereby causing them to slow down. Especially when they say they want people to drive within the speed-limit etc. How can they object, when you encourage other motorists to do just that?

That could be a valid argument if warning motorists to drive within the speed limit was done in the absence of speed cameras/police.

Don't see that happen now do we?

Drivers know that when someone is flashing every vehicle that is coming the opposite way that there is a scamera van or a copper with a speed trap lurking down the road.

Its usually because i havnt put my lights on :hihi:

---------- Post added 24-05-2013 at 20:52 ----------

I'm a non driver, but I have been told that if you flash someone warning them of speed cops, you can get into trouble by the law.

What proof have they got that you flashed to let them know about the speed trap?

Archived