Thanks for the warning.

Its despicable the way the police craftily hide to catch speeding motorists, surely making themselves highly visible at certain places to prevent speeding is better, but then I suppose that wont make them the £££ :roll:

That could be a valid argument if warning motorists to drive within the speed limit was done in the absence of speed cameras/police.

Don't see that happen now do we?

Firstly, I am sure motorists do let each other know, when they're driving dangerously or too fast...

Secondly, I don't see how that at all impacts on the validity of my original point. Can you explain in detail, how you think it invalidates my original point?

To reiterate, if the police claim they're more concerned with safety than with profiteering; yet they dissuade people from encouraging other drivers to slow down, then you can see how people will draw the conclusion that the police are in fact, more concerned with making money. Actions speak louder than words my friend.

Firstly, I am sure motorists do let each other know, when they're driving dangerously or too fast...

Secondly, I don't see how that at all impacts on the validity of my original point. Can you explain in detail, how you think it invalidates my original point?

To reiterate, if the police claim they're more concerned with safety than with profiteering; yet they dissuade people from encouraging other drivers to slow down, then you can see how people will draw the conclusion that the police are in fact, more concerned with making money. Actions speak louder than words my friend.

Your original point that the police actually encourage speeding?

Well first of all you need evidence that the police are 'profiteering'?

Well first of all you need evidence that the police are 'profiteering'?

Its self evident they are profiteering when they hide and catch people speeding rather than preventing the speeding by making themselves visible.

Its self evident they are profiteering when they hide and catch people speeding rather than preventing the speeding by making themselves visible.

Really, you don't spot the white vans/cars with the livery?

PS. Getting caught isn't evidence of profiteering.

They hide. They prefer to catch you speeding, rather than have you slow down. If that wasn't the case, they would have no problem with people alerting motorists to their presence.

I don't know how I can make it any more simpler than that.

Try standing 100 meters up the road from them with a sign (slow down, police camera ahead) and see if they come and move you along...

If they do, it's safe to assume they don't want you slowing cars down, because they will lose revenue. It's very simple logic. Not at all rocket science my friend. Drive safe. ;)

Archived