Thanks for the warning.

And..........?

At a glance that van doesn't scream police does it, like this one does http://www.polishforums.com/user_files/uploaded/62118/1308650_1_o.jpg

---------- Post added 24-05-2013 at 22:51 ----------

They hide. They prefer to catch you speeding, rather than have you slow down. If that wasn't the case, they would have no problem with people alerting motorists to their presence.

I don't know how I can make it any more simpler than that.

Try standing 100 meters up the road from them with a sign (slow down, police camera ahead) and see if they come and move you along...

If they do, it's safe to assume they don't want you slowing cars down, because they will lose revenue. It's very simple logic. Not at all rocket science my friend. Drive safe. ;)

You're exactly right and everyone knows it, and if the police want public support against cuts then they should stop being sneaky and using motorists as a cash cow.

They hide. They prefer to catch you speeding, rather than have you slow down. If that wasn't the case, they would have no problem with people alerting motorists to their presence.

I don't know how I can make it any more simpler than that.

Try standing 100 meters up the road from them with a sign (slow down, police camera ahead) and see if they come and move you along...

If they do, it's safe to assume they don't want you slowing cars down, because they will lose revenue. It's very simple logic. Not at all rocket science my friend. Drive safe. ;)

Still no evidence to support profiteering? Speeders get caught because they speed, it really is that simple.

Well here's just one example I've found doing a quick Google. http://www.abd.org.uk/images/photos/Talivan_WE_Chepstow.jpg

It looks like a speed camera van to me. The clue is in the picture of the camera on the back, the modified window & where it's parked.

---------- Post added 24-05-2013 at 23:08 ----------

How's about not speeding, no money is made, police checks eventually stop?

Now that's not rocket science.

Unfortunately keeping to the speed limit is rocket science to some people on here. They just can't understand the idea.

It looks like a speed camera van to me. The clue is in the picture of the camera on the back, the modified window & where it's parked.

As I said, "at a glance" its not immediately obvious that it is a police vehicle. Police vehicles are hard to miss with all bright coloured livery, where's the bright coloured livery on that particular van? :suspect:

Still no evidence to support profiteering? Speeders get caught because they speed, it really is that simple.

It is self-evident in the actions and behaviour of the police. I don't understand why you're struggling to see that.

Please note (everyone), this does not mean I am condoning breaking the speed limit.

It is self-evident in the actions and behaviour of the police. I don't understand why you're struggling to see that.

Please note (everyone), this does not mean I am condoning breaking the speed limit.

It isn't self evident at all. It's a spurious claim at best.

Well I guess we'll all have to take your word for that.

there have been many documented cases of not being visible. eg this from seven years ago: http://www.fastclassics.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61 (adult language)

shirecliffe road, if you have ever been up or down it you will have noticed a large 'budget moves' van parked near the maisonettes just after batworth road. i once saw a camera on a tripod in the road a few feet in front of said van, and a spee- sorry, safety camera van, resplendent in it's eye catching vinyl, parked facing traffic on the other side of the road. about three hundred yards further down the hill.

i wonder how much profit they made that day. erm, i meant, i wonder how much safer shirecliffe road was that day... yeah, that.

Snailyboy. You are incredibly well named. Do you know what? I would be a lot more impressed by your argument if the Police themselves adhered to the speed limits as specified, but they don't do they?

How many times have you seen Police cars exceeding the speed limit with no flashing lights or sirens activated?

It happens on a regular basis doesn't it? One law for them, one for the rest of us. Sorry mate, speed fines tend to be financially motivated.

Dangerous driving needs prosecuting, speeding is not always dangerous, when it is, prosecute by all means, when it isn't, a warning should be sufficient.

Snailyboy. You are incredibly well named. Do you know what? I would be a lot more impressed by your argument if the Police themselves adhered to the speed limits as specified, but they don't do they?

How many times have you seen Police cars exceeding the speed limit with no flashing lights or sirens activated?

It happens on a regular basis doesn't it? One law for them, one for the rest of us. Sorry mate, speed fines tend to be financially motivated.

Dangerous driving needs prosecuting, speeding is not always dangerous, when it is, prosecute by all means, when it isn't, a warning should be sufficient.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/9gy1qr.jpg

Archived