Council tax and housing benefit idiots

Has anyone else had the same problem when trying to sort things out with the council?

I made a change in circumstance back on 12th feb, firstly they sent all the letters to my old address despite already having sent me a council tax bill and the claim relating to my current address! They cancelled my claim as they had no heard back from me! Not surprising when I don't live there anymore. I called them and she said she would send the correspondence to the correct address which she did. I took all documents to first point got a letter three weeks later saying the claim was to be closed again of I did not send the documents I took them again and got a receipt this time. They still sent out letters saying this hadn't been received. I made an appointment to go to howden house as I have been on hold for nearly an hour with no answer. I went week before last and the manager tried to tell me that there were documents outstanding on my claim I showed her the receipts and she miraculously said she had found them on the system! Wtf! She said it would be sent for assessment so I told her I wanted an appointment the following Tuesday as I couldn't trust them to sort anything she told me this was silly and they had everything they required. I made the appointment anyway as they clearly can't be trusted, went down Tuesday she said they were still docs outstanding told her same showed receipts and she said that whoever was dealing with the claim wasn't looking at the file properly and she said they had my partner as being paye not self employed, that's why they were requesting the documents? She said at the end of the appointment that it would be sorted by Thursday at the latest so I've called this morning still not been assessed. To me this is not acceptable to make so many mistakes when you've had everything you need for four months now.

Unfortunately thats nothing out of the ordinary.

A friend of mine still gets hassled by the council for rent arrears on a place he moved out of 2 years ago :hihi:

That doesn't mean they don't have to pay arrears though. What next, shouldn't council tenants have to pay rent just because they go off to Skeggy for two weeks in July/August?

That doesn't mean they don't have to pay arrears though. What next, shouldn't council tenants have to pay rent just because they go off to Skeggy for two weeks in July/August?

Someone else's rent arrears on the same property :roll::roll::roll:

It just isn't good enough. But it's no surprise considering the rules change almost daily and staff have been cut to the bare minimum.

It was my understanding the staff are prive contractors working on behalf of SCC. At least that's what I thought for the processing of HB, though I could be wrong.

the council tax department are useless, im owed over £400 hundred pounds by them, and been in a situation dragging on nearly a year, im contacted them by email, made oficial complaints , rang up over 40 times (got through twice) and not had one replay to any of my complaints .. so ive decided to cancel my council tax direct debit and get my refund by not paying

the council tax department are useless, im owed over £400 hundred pounds by them, and been in a situation dragging on nearly a year, im contacted them by email, made oficial complaints , rang up over 40 times (got through twice) and not had one replay to any of my complaints .. so ive decided to cancel my council tax direct debit and get my refund by not paying

simple, take them to small claims court!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

It was my understanding the staff are prive contractors working on behalf of SCC. At least that's what I thought for the processing of HB, though I could be wrong.

Last I knew HB was run by Capita.

Archived