Define Non-Profit

Hello, I was wondering what the best title would be to describe these organisations and if they all can be classed as non-profit?

BTCV

Age UK

Heeley City Farm

The Prince's Trust

Sheffield Wildlife Trust

British Heart Foundation

Hello, I was wondering what the best title would be to describe these organisations and if they all can be classed as non-profit?

BTCV

Age UK

Heeley City Farm

The Prince's Trust

Sheffield Wildlife Trust

British Heart Foundation

They're all charitable organisations aren't they?

Unfortunately a lot of charity is big business these days and abuses the name making minimised or tax free profits by naming itself a charity.

BTCV

Age UK

Heeley City Farm

The Prince's Trust

Sheffield Wildlife Trust

British Heart Foundation

All surpluses are re-invested towards the aims of the charity / organisation instead of being paid as dividends to shareholders.

All surpluses are re-invested towards the aims of the charity / organisation instead of being paid as dividends to shareholders.

Though i'd hazard a guess one or two of them have fat cat directors doing very nicely from peoples donations.

Though i'd hazard a guess one or two of them have fat cat directors doing very nicely from peoples donations.

"Directors". ie board members, usually get expenses only - or a small attendance allowance. Chief execs may get a very good salary consumarate with the size of the organisation. The number of people who'll run a big organisation for next to nowt (and have owt like the ability to run it) is approximately zero.

Well it seems like these fat cat owners employ the lowest common denominators to do their biddings hence why these charities often suffer at foot level because the volunteers get taken advantage of and the paid members who oversee the volunteers are often overworked.

Well seems like there fat cat owners employ the lowest common denominators to do their biddings hence why these charities often suffer at foot level.

"Owners"? Intrigued by your understanding of the term. Point out the "owner" of any of the charities you listed in the OP.

"Directors". ie board members, usually get expenses only - or a small attendance allowance. Chief execs may get a very good salary consumarate with the size of the organisation. The number of people who'll run a big organisation for next to nowt (and have owt like the ability to run it) is approximately zero.

Yeah i know they are a necessary evil but it still grates knowing donations are going to pay top whack wages for the few.

Archived