The game has changed.. is it dawning on people yet?

as we all know the governments of the so called free world are almost in a stranglehold by the big companies. for the billions they invest in their choice of candidate to win elections they expect a return.

and what amount is that?, i cant tell you and i am sure no one else can, but get one thing clear it is not just money, its control as well.

so they we have the answer, the so called Democratic world are in fact run by a privileged few, who have very little interest in what the masses want.

look at the charts of the rich list earnings, their income as skyrocketed these last few years. as the ordinary working mans done that?. no in real terms the wages are falling. and the already huge gap between rich and poor is opening even wider.

we are made to feel its our fault taking out credit we cant afford. when in fact its the key players of this world who are waging war against each other. a few billion is not enough for them they want it all..... sorry to say it but we are all s*****d...

ISAs encourage people to save and/or invest. Up to a point this is a good thing. It provides banks with funds for example. The funds can then be lent out to businesses and households. Obviously too much saving could inhibit growth but ISAs have a limit on how much can be saved/invested.

As you say giving it to the government to waste is not palatable. I can't believe you think that's a better option.

Glad you finally agree, now you can stop complaining that some companies don't want to give their hard earned money to the government just for them to waste it. Just a small point, if a company doesn't pay tax then they will have more money to give to their shareholders and they will spend it or save it, its win win, the money is better in the hand of people and not government.

Glad you finally agree, now you can stop complaining that some companies don't want to give their hard earned money to the government just for them to waste it. Just a small point, if a company doesn't pay tax then they will have more money to give to their shareholders and they will spend it or save it, its win win, the money is better in the hand of people and not government.

It's not a small point, it's massive, and it's ruining this country.

This is not pin money, huge amounts of money is at stake, it's vital for public services and infrastructure that it is paid in tax. As for it going to shareholders - certainly some will make money but those with most shares/money will again become the biggest beneficiaries as a result, and the most money will go to the owner of the company who is probably filthy rich already, (take a look at the rich list.) You think they are going to put it into public services?

It's not their money - it belongs to the country.

[/b]

It's not a small point, it's massive, and it's ruining this country.

This is not pin money, huge amounts of money is at stake, it's vital for public services and infrastructure that it is paid in tax. As for it going to shareholders - certainly some will make money but those with most shares/money will again become the biggest beneficiaries as a result, and the most money will go to the owner of the company who is probably filthy rich already, (take a look at the rich list.) You think they are going to put it into public services?

It's not their money - it belongs to the country.

It will end up in the economy via peoples share dividend, or it will be spent on expansion which creates more jobs, if they give it to the government they will just waste it.

I agree that the public sector needs to be streamline and it costs too much. But that streamlined service still needs to be funded. Tax still has to be paid.

The ordinary guy can't avoid much tax and ISAs, pension planning etc... provides some options and it was that I was commenting on.

But that is a diversion. Corporates need to contribute more than they do and if you think the tax they avoid somehow all magically ends up as dividends in the hands of ordinary people you're well off track.

---------- Post added 27-05-2013 at 17:56 ----------

as we all know the governments of the so called free world are almost in a stranglehold by the big companies. for the billions they invest in their choice of candidate to win elections they expect a return.

and what amount is that?, i cant tell you and i am sure no one else can, but get one thing clear it is not just money, its control as well.

so they we have the answer, the so called Democratic world are in fact run by a privileged few, who have very little interest in what the masses want.

look at the charts of the rich list earnings, their income as skyrocketed these last few years. as the ordinary working mans done that?. no in real terms the wages are falling. and the already huge gap between rich and poor is opening even wider.

we are made to feel its our fault taking out credit we cant afford. when in fact its the key players of this world who are waging war against each other. a few billion is not enough for them they want it all..... sorry to say it but we are all s*****d...

Great post. Governments are the tools of the elite. It can't be any clearer now that their agenda is to divert resources away from the many to the few. They don't even bother to try and hide it any more, e.g. with a facade of social democracy like in the 50s-70s.

They want more and more. The only way to get it is to cheat more and more out of ordinary people.

I agree that the public sector needs to be streamline and it costs too much. But that streamlined service still needs to be funded. Tax still has to be paid.

The ordinary guy can't avoid much tax and ISAs, pension planning etc... provides some options and it was that I was commenting on.

But that is a diversion. Corporates need to contribute more than they do and if you think the tax they avoid somehow all magically ends up as dividends in the hands of ordinary people you're well off track.

No, some will help the company to expand and employ more people, some will end up in banks and be loaned to other people, and some will end up paying tax in other countries which will help those countries get some of the services we have.

I'm going to leave you to it and go listen to the cricket. I haven't seen one word on this thread that gives a clue how to extract one penny in tax from a multinational other than reducing our corporation tax level so they choose to take their profits here..

It doesn't matter. Unless the tax system is overhauled big corporations will still avoid it.

---------- Post added 27-05-2013 at 18:16 ----------

No, some will help the company to expand and employ more people, some will end up in banks and be loaned to other people, and some will end up paying tax in other countries which will help those countries get some of the services we have.

So these companies avoid tax so they can do good things with the money they get to keep? Forgive me if I don't agree with that :)

---------- Post added 27-05-2013 at 17:56 ----------

Great post. Governments are the tools of the elite. It can't be any clearer now that their agenda is to divert resources away from the many to the few. They don't even bother to try and hide it any more, e.g. with a facade of social democracy like in the 50s-70s.

They want more and more. The only way to get it is to cheat more and more out of ordinary people.

This is what I meant when I asked if it was finally dawning on people.

It's been common knowledge on the internet for a long time, but now I think the general public; the conservative (small c) ones who think everything on the internet is rubbish might be beginning to realise that it's not all rubbish actually. These are the same people who thought Occupy were bonkers.

Maybe now they see what they were on about.

This is what I meant when I asked if it was finally dawning on people.

It's been common knowledge on the internet for a long time, but now I think the general public; the conservative (small c) ones who think everything on the internet is rubbish might be beginning to realise that it's not all rubbish actually. These are the same people who thought Occupy were bonkers.

Maybe now they see what they were on about.

You only have to look at the press to understand what is happening. The amount of resources that are directed to targeting people on benefits, people who collectively take what amounts to peanuts. At the same time society is cheated out of countless tens of billions of pounds by big business while the authorities turn a blind eye.

Archived