The game has changed.. is it dawning on people yet?

1, 2 and 3 ignore inflation (deliberately, so that they sound scary), 4 is meaningless, and 5 is just nonsense.

Is it really necessary to read the entire list to see if there are any valid points?

It's a very US focussed list, is any of it actually supposed to be relevant to a debate in the UK?

Well my friend,your name is more used in the US than UK I would say!but to crystallise,.........."when America catches a cold".............you know the rest!

Just a reminder i,2,3, are in there to demonstrate just how scary inflation is!...................only a fool ignores inflationary facts!

OK 5 out of 40 facts you dispute, any more? And actually very relevant to the UK!

5 out of 40 was enough, given that it was the first 5. I'm sure the rest continue in a similar vein.

Did you notice that it devotes 4 or 5 of it's points to criticising medicade... A pale shadow of the NHS, yet they're making out that it's the worst thing to happen to the US since Vietnam! When in fact only a fool would think it anything but positive. Where did you copy this list from, some republican red neck website?

If multinationals don't fully pay their tax, governments will be starved of income, and after taxing their citizens till the pips squeak they will still have an enormous fiscal black hole devoid of funds. Consequently countries will be unable to pay for basic infrastructure etc. resulting in decline and wide spread poverty.

I think this is the reason George Osborne appears to be genuine in his attempts to stop tax avoidance / evasion (avoision?). Because corporations are driven to compete against each other, they all simultaneously have a short-term interest in dodging tax and a long-term interest in paying it. But because shareholders are only interest in the short-term they dodge it and the very infrastructure they rely on is threatened.

It's the same with wages; they all want to pay the minimum possible but also need workers to be paid enough to buy their stuff. Just some of the inherent contradictions in capitalism. A truly free market would eat itself within 10 years.

I think this is the reason George Osborne appears to be genuine in his attempts to stop tax avoidance / evasion (avoision?). Because corporations are driven to compete against each other, they all simultaneously have a short-term interest in dodging tax and a long-term interest in paying it. But because shareholders are only interest in the short-term they dodge it and the very infrastructure they rely on is threatened.

It's the same with wages; they all want to pay the minimum possible but also need workers to be paid enough to buy their stuff. Just some of the inherent contradictions in capitalism. A truly free market would eat itself within 10 years.

The issue with wages has been addressed by increasing credit. You can still buy the nice shiny things but many households have to take on debt to do it.

5 out of 40 was enough, given that it was the first 5. I'm sure the rest continue in a similar vein.

Did you notice that it devotes 4 or 5 of it's points to criticising medicade... A pale shadow of the NHS, yet they're making out that it's the worst thing to happen to the US since Vietnam! When in fact only a fool would think it anything but positive. Where did you copy this list from, some republican red neck website?

Certainly not a South Yorkshire red Republican website!

The issue with wages has been addressed by increasing credit. You can still buy the nice shiny things but many households have to take on debt to do it.

Didn't work out so well that, did it! Funny how the people who are against wage inflation are relaxed about commodity inflation such as house prices, and increased debt. It just feels that whatever 'fix' the politicians and the voodoo economists try, the system just malfunctions.

You mean he must be serious because he's asked them very nicely if they wouldn't mind paying a little bit more, that is if they can afford it of course...

Archived