Violence. Is it ever called for?

Supposing the attack resulted in their mothers death. Your actions would leave them with no one.

Personally i'd have more respect for a person that chanelled his/her anger in a positive way, a charity to aid victims for example. I suspect the children would have more to be proud of to.

Suppose it didnt.

Yeah, I was thinking that too; would the OP be prepared to go to prison, and not see his kids, what kind of example would that set them?

Anyhow, yes, some violence can be appropriate, in certain circumstances (like, we are being attacked, and there is no other option, we need to defend ourselves and our loved ones). Or to assert ourselves in a cool, firm way, not at all backing down; but without 'losing it' and getting to fisticuffs. In fact, I would think all the best professional fighters, are very clear and cool headed and have high levels or self-awareness and self-control.

Have to say, I really don't like all this mass-scale violence we see in the world today; not just with what happened in London the other day, but in general. There is too much tit-for-tat hate and violence in the world; too many people are getting hurt.

I pretty much value all human life the same; I don't see 'british person' or 'muslim' or 'christian' or 'pakistani' or whatever, I just see human beings. It's pretty sad that a lot of people are so identified with their nationality or religion, that they don't see other human beings, as human beings...

Outstanding post Waldo. I agree entirely.

For me it's my sons and they are all adult now .It's an inbuilt instinct ,no one can hurt your kids and get away with it and i'm a mild mannered person and hate violence . It's just the way we mothers are .

It's difficult to argue against contrary comments but ok, it didn't so now you're banged up because you're a regular hero, you're kids are dead and you're wife is left to cope alone.

Shes a grown up. She will manage ;)

Archived