Horse Riding - Sheffield - Rotherham - Worksop

Hello I'm wanting to go horse riding again this is something I have not done for years and looking to get back into it ideally I would like to have a ride around a wood or park something like that must be in Sheffield, Rotherham or Worksop as I can't drive if anyone knows anywhere suitable please let me know pleae.

I was wanting to ask the same question. Would like some structured lessons for the kids (and who knows, myself too maybe!!).

A quick google has come up with Smeltings Farm riding centre, brimington stables amongst others but I have no idea about the reputation of these and others, so I too would also like to hear recommendations etc from others who go horse riding locally.

The provision of horse riding facilities has always been lacking in this area.

We appear to have a shortage of "turn up and ride" venues, unlike some holiday destinations. Even Cleethorpes has "rides by the hour".

I've not heard bad things about any of the riding schools so its a personal choice - Smeltings,Parklands,Brim,Stubley hollow,Snowdon.

A friend of ours gives hacking lessons to kiddies - uninsured,unqualified and un everything but she gets away with it.(I wouldn't recommend anyone like this)

Archived